Thread: Gov Money?!

Default Gov Money?!

Did anyone else get a payment today from the gov that is NOT their GST as that comes out tomorrow. I noticed I had a $269.60 payment today from the gov and I have NO IDEA why?! It isnt my GST bc I dont get much for GST so...whats up with that?! Hey I'll take it but I think I am going to call CRA unless you all know?

There was nothing in my account....Lucky you!!

Thanks for reminding me that GST comes tomorrow! I had completely forgotten!!!

Well I found out what is was! Apparently I over paid CPP on my income tax in 2006 so its a credit for over payment wow it only took from 2006-2008 to give me the money back Oh well it was a nice surprise and GST tomorrow! YAHOO!

aveymom

oh thats a nice surprise!!!!

Whitehills...Two blocks from my childhood home!

Wow the government ACTUALLY gave money back???Hmm maybe they will realize they made a mistake and I dont owe them my GST back

Expert Forum User

Don't get me started on GST money!

When dh and I got married we were both getting GST cheques, but I knew it was 1 per household, so I was ripping mine up and not cashing it. We notified them about it, but we still got them for a year after.
    Well, then the next year we didn't qualify (as we didn't the first year either, but got them anyways). So they then made us pay the first year back including the cheques that I didn't cash! I tried fighting it for 8 months and then gave up (they said it was my own fault for not cashing them). I ended up paying $170, and so did dh.

omg that is terrible! I would have been so friggin mad! Thats why I was so leery about the money and wanted to find out exactly what is was for so I could be sure I wouldnt have to pay it back...I have a love hate relationship with the gov!

Whitehills...Two blocks from my childhood home!

I owe them money from a year I lived at HOME in my parents basement...Because I am married now, and filed with DH we owe them my GST back from a year I wasn't married, or had even had a date set...

aveymom

we just got money back today from a company that we over paid (its a long story, but we got tired of arguing with them and paid a bill that we didnt actually owe) well we looked at the finances today and saw that $50 was put back in our account, LOL, not much but still nice to have.
    You must have brought us goodluck breastbuddymom.
    StacyLyn

Expert Forum User

While we are on the topic of getting unexpected money, I got a cheque from Michilen Tires today for $100 because we had to replace our 4 tires awhile back! It was supposed to be a $50 rebate that I didn't think we'd see but they upped it to $100 after we mailed it in and it came today! Now the tires were $25 each cheaper!!!
    Mum to Alyssa (born April 30, 2005)

Expert Forum User

within walking distance of downtown but a good part

right no i am in a fight with the government because while filing for child tax benifit i put the wrong year on when my SO became commonlaw and now they want me to pay back money for gst and re-asses my taxes i called them right away and sent a letter explaining what happened and they still havent got the letter and it has been over a month and i am not getting my GST cheque tomorrow and i really need that money

I sell AVON I sell SCENTSY JOIN THE PARTY!

Thanks for reminding me that GST comes mondey!

It may sound a crazy hobby for a mom staying on the maternity leave, but I like one thing. And it is online sports betting. For me, it is both great pastime and ability to earn some money. I like once a week to spend a night forecasting matches. Usually, I bet on betting sites nigeria https://online-bookmakers.com/en/bes...es-in-nigeria/ . They pay fast and do not charge high fees.