Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Mama's Got Swag: SWEETPEA BABY FOOD

I used to make all of my own babyfood. I made 23 different purees for my first child and though I wasn't so ambitious the second time around, I made all of my second child's food as well. Now, my third child is eating purees and I find myself strolling down the babyfood aisle more than I'd like to admit. I just don't have time to make it! And if I did have time, I'd probably use it to do something more fun than hovering over boiling pots of fruits and vegetables while shoo-ing my toddler away. The idea of feeding my child something from a jar makes me uncomfortable. I don't like the idea of food sitting for a year or more before it reaches them and it just tastes nothing like the food I made and froze. What are your other options though?

Guess what? There is another option! The two women at Sweetpea Baby Food saw the same dilemma and came up with a solution - frozen, store bought baby food. Sweetpea Baby Food is based in Toronto and is 100% organic, flash frozen and sold in trays just like your ice cube trays at home. They are sealed individually within the tray so you can make one or two or three or however many your baby wants that day. No waste from having a left over jar in your fridge and no more having to feed your baby the same thing two (or three!) meals in a row to use up the jar. Your baby will thank you

So, how does it taste? Well... like baby food, of course! It tastes just like it would if you made it yourself. It comes in ten different flavours from the basic sweet potato or butternut squash to the very yummy lentil and root vegetable or veggies and quinoa. There were no complaints from my baby - he ate it all up!

I loved the recyclable BPA- and phtalate-free packaging as well. Why go organic if you aren't going to make it completely earth friendly, right? I also loved that the trays were stackable in my freezer so they didn't take up as much space as the baggies of frozen cubes from when I had made it myself.

They also make cookies! The cookies are also organic, made with 100% whole grains and made without eggs, milk, artificial flavours or preservatives. They are a nice small size, and are in the shape of a flower, which both of my girls liked. They come in three flavours: banana pear, pumpkin spice, and sweet apple. They actually taste both homemade and delicious! Not too sweet, but definitely not bland.

The Sweetpea website is great http://www.sweetpeababyfood.com/sweetpeababyfood.php It has recipes and suggestions for alternative or creative ways to use baby food to keep things interesting for your baby. You can also keep up with the latest information from Sweetpea on facebook http://www.facebook.com/group.php?si...gid=6133125605

If you'd like to test out some of the Sweetpea cookies, send an email to jill@londonmoms.ca with SWEETPEA in the subject line. Link me to the sweetpea product that sounds the yummiest and you could win a bag of their delicious sweet apple cookies! Remember to include your username. Contest closes DECEMBER 18, 2010. Good luck! http://www.sweetpeababyfood.com/sweetpeababyfood.php

If you have a product or service that you would like reviewed by the Swag Mama's, send an email to jill@londonmoms.ca and tell us about it!
    Last edited by AuntPetunia; 12-15-2010 at 09:07 AM.

Cookies!!!

Expert Forum User

Could we have a link or website please turtle?
    Mummy to two wonderful miracle boys

Oh, crap! My links didn't show up. That's what I get for c&p'ing. Hold on....

Expert Forum User

Thank you

And the winner is... dashenka! Congratulations!!

Expert Forum User

Yay!!!

First thing I've ever won on here