Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default My advice to all you new first time moms....or soon to be first time moms....

....is to buy TWO of whatever item you plan to give your child as his/her comfort item in the crib. I say this as I sit here with my sick 3 year old, up past her bedtime, waiting for "Blankie" to come out of the dryer after being peed on. Buy 2. Worth it at twice the price

You will thank me later, I promise.
    "Anything is better than lies and deceit". Leo Tolstoy

i totally agree! We bought Jonny a stuffed toy from “hanna“ and it was from santa! well he has lost it 2 times! we were lucky that we were able to find it! But he has now gone to stuffed toy heaven!

I even emailed the company and told them my story to see if they had any lefter over stock from the year before! Sadly the manger new what we were going though but did not have any, and she looked for us!

So yes always buy 2 of things!!
    Tiffany
    Mom to Ben, Jonathan and Zachary

Expert Forum User

omg 3 little piggies you just gave me a genius idea. thank you thank you for sharing about the manager.

my dd got a stuffed pink dog when she was born. its since been discontinued. the dog looks like it went to hell and back. thankfully we haven't lost it yet, but when we do I don't know what we are going to do. I've searched everywhere, ebay, kijiji, every store i've ever been in, can't find it. I am going to email somebody at that company after she wakes up and I can look it up again.
    and yes I agree buy 10 of everything... 2 may not be enough!!!

Banned

ITA

I made Noah two pillows for his toddler bed and he can't sleep without one

its so sad when they go through a loss like that! its hard on everyone! and if we were smart we would have gotten more then one of things!

but we now know better

oh yeah i even bought Jonny the newer version of his old toy!! Didnt work
    Tiffany
    Mom to Ben, Jonathan and Zachary

Expert Forum User

That only works if they pick what you offer. I had two of each for a couple 'lovies' i had hoped DS would take. He didn't like a thing I offered. Thankfully what he chose was the big throw blanket off our couch...so it got snipped into four little ones!
    A by the book mama to a completley healthy DD Dec.2002 and doing it all different, BWng, CDing, BLWing, crunchy mama to an equally healthy DS Nov.2008 apparently a cosleeping mama DS Aug. 2011

L didn't choose a lovie really. I did. When she started daycare at 11 months, I started bringing a fleece blankie off her bed to use in her crib there. She then became super attached to it. I wish I had bought 2.

With Ila we bought 2 matching fleece blankets. She is already in LOVE with them and wants them both But, at least we have one as back up if one gets “dirty“

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

OMG I so agree! Someone bought DD this blanket and we have searched EVERYWHERE for the same one and can't find it - it never lasts more than one night without getting thrown up on (DD is still a puker)..... we are always searching for its replacement!
    *~* The point isn't whether they lived happily ever after, the point is that they lived*~

Maybe we need a thread posting pics of the items we need duplicates of LOL.

Yup! We've been there too! We now have 3 “puppies“, puppy getas a bath once a week (actually every three!!) And we rotate!

That's the other thing. Don't wait for something to happen to the original, the duplicates have to have equal wear or they'll figure you out!
    ~LBG

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

DD has actually started sleeping with a friggin dollar store xylaphone. Thing is not soft at all - work up the other day with a cut on her cheek - if you go and take it from her in her sleep she normally wakes up and goes and gets it back - so if anyone has a 'soft' xylaphone let me know LOL
    *~* The point isn't whether they lived happily ever after, the point is that they lived*~

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

J had four but we lost one so she still has 3! Def well worth having more than one especially when you have a child who coughs so much she pukes!
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by lbg77 View Post
    Yup! We've been there too! We now have 3 “puppies“, puppy getas a bath once a week (actually every three!!) And we rotate!

That's the other thing. Don't wait for something to happen to the original, the duplicates have to have equal wear or they'll figure you out!
    yes that! I did that too!
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

o boy.. totally agree. i know wish my kids had had 2 of their fav. toys as kids.. would have saved alot of sleepless nights... and tears..will keep this idea for future use down the road..(grandkids).. MANY years down the road

I totally agree. DS1 has 3 of his blankies...always came into great use when he's sick and he is able to leave one at daycare...therefore I won't forget to bring it with me! Just bought a 3rd blankie for DS2 too!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast