Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Expert Forum User

DD is sort of borderline between toddler and preschooler (2 3/4 years old!) but she's pretty much potty trained now. The phrase that's been making me laugh is her sitting on the toilet (while we read books) and all of a sudden, she'll interrupt the story saying 'my poo-poo's coming' in this little singsong voice. Kind of gross to some I'm sure, but it's so funny and she's so excited lol!
    Mum to Alyssa (born April 30, 2005)

my ds who is 2 1/2 is such a funny little guy...every morning he wakes up he tells me he had a good sleep...before bed, he pulls out all the excuses not to go to sleep....my belly hurts, my head hurts,i have to poo, i puked in my mouth and i have to puke in the potty..my nose is runny, etc., his new word is 'favorite', we were in the grocery store and he opened the freezer grabbed some random icecream and ran down the isle yelling 'this is my favorite icecream' (he hates ice-cream)..he says he 'needs' everything, if i say no to something..he whines..i need it...when he eventually settles down at night i listen at his door, he sits with his 20+ stuffed animals(all of which he HAS to have in bed) and has conversations with them..he tells them about his day, and the other night he told them how my sisters dog died. This dog died 6 months ago...my ds can't get over it, he talks about it at least 2x a week still, for the 1st few months he told strangers the story...how abby got hit by a car, how she was broken and went to heaven...he tells me he dreams about her????..he drags this ugly mangled stuffed bunny around he named emily (off little bear) who by the way is very girly, and heaven forbid he can't find emily's babies (2 little stuffed bunnies)...at night, he won't go too sleep if any of his animals are missing...he knows them all!!! i've tested this many times as i try to reduce the # of animals, he also has 5 little baby blankets....he calls them nighties...cow nightie...star nightie...emily's nightie..etc.. The strangest thing by far is his winnie the pooh stuffed toy, for some wierd reason pooh gets sick...he refuses to sleep with him for like a month or 2 then out of nowhere he screams for me to come up, asks for pooh and tells me he isn't sick anymore...then a few weeks later....gives him back to me.....i could go on how crazy and silly my son is. i hope this is normal???LOL

mumtobelle

Thos morning I was feeding the baby breakfast while my 2 1/2 yr. daughter was eating a bowl of cereal with blueberries. She looked up at me and said "this is way yummier than the yucky stuff you make me". I am in a pretty good mood this morning and saw the humor in it today, lol.

Britney says to buddy " cookie. sit. good boy" but in her little girl version so the words are not pronounced right then she pats his head. When he's bad she does the "aah ahh ahh" bed....

blankie is "benki"

Evan whose 5 was on the computer and I tried to talk to him and got "mummy I'm concentrating, not now" :S
    Erica

Mom to Evan and Britney

Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.
    Leon J. Suenes

I know Connor is not really a toddler anymore but another cute thing he does is he calls Nathan "Nicky". It is so cute when he says it. If anyone else calls Nathan "Nicky" though he will say no thats Nathan.
    Kim

Expert Forum User

Laurana is not quite a toddler but anytime she hears music (commercial or tv show) she has to stop and dance. If she is sitting on the floor her dancing is bouncing up and down, if she is standing then she bends at the knee (like the Alice the Camel song) and then sways her bum side to side. All of this is done with a huge smile on her face. Its so hard not to laugh. So cute.
    Shannon

Nothing is Impossible, if you just Believe

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

- Tells the cats and dogs to "go" and "no no"

- When he is frusterated we taught him to cross him arms. The face he makes while he does it is so cute.

- Dh smacks my butt sometimes and then Aden will do it too...... note to self we need to stop doing that in front of him.....

- He thinks all food is too hot but even a little blow on it makes it ok.

- We talk about who is sleeping (everyone) and do our prayers and he always wants to do it twice.

- He's started asking for his own when we offer him something. "Aden, do you want some of mommy's ___" "own"

- He brings me things to nurse (stuffed animals, baby dolls, plastic animals)

- Sings the theme song to "Two and a half men" "man man man man" lol
    Mommy to DS Jan '06, DD July '09, DS Feb '11, DD Dec '12
    Wife to my wonderful DH of 8 years
    http://handsbetterfull.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by princess2808 View Post
    - He brings me things to nurse (stuffed animals, baby dolls, plastic animals)
    That is hilarious! I love it.
    Mom to Ali (3) & Eva (1)

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by ali's*mum View Post
    That is hilarious! I love it.
    New one with this: Tonight I asked him to put his cars to sleep and he brought them all to me, then put them down my shirt for milk before bed. lol about 25 din-ki cars down the shirt, all apparently having milk.... last I checked though, only 2 can do it at a time.
    Mommy to DS Jan '06, DD July '09, DS Feb '11, DD Dec '12
    Wife to my wonderful DH of 8 years
    http://handsbetterfull.blogspot.com/

My little guy has just started saying a bunch of "words" in the past few weeks. I laugh at how he can say grandma and grandpa so clearly but then calls me "buh buh" (as in bottle?!?!). He also is starting to grab his bum when he farts or poops and he says "ohhhhhhh" all the time. He also yells stop at the cat and down to the dog...lol...we're just at the beginning of talking and I am so excited each day to hear what comes out next!

Another thing I love that he does is offering everyone a hug. He takes care of the younger babies at his daycare if they are crying he will bring them a toy...he is just so loving!

Expert Forum User

I got a couple pairs of lu-lu-lemon pants for xmas and had mentioned them a couple times. Earlier this week Jacob came up to me when I was wearing them...and asked mommy are those your lu lu pants? I said yes honey...and he proceeded to lean over and smell my legs and said mmmmmm they smell like lemon. I couldn't stop laughing it was so cute!
    Mom to DS - 9.5 years old
    AND

Expert Forum User

Cute stories

On our flight back home yesterday, DS turned around in his seat and peered over it to look at the grandfatherly gentleman behind us. DS then says, "Hello Body. My name is X" - He's never introduced himself like that before (he's just turned 2). I thought it was cute.

MM
    *sigh*

Breastfeeding Success Essentials:
    SUPPORT ~ EDUCATION ~ DETERMINATION

Beat the "Booby Traps" to Breastfeeding Success!

~The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'~

~Do or Do Not. There is no try.~
    Yoda

Banned

Carter is sitting in our front window looking out waving at the cars driving by saying bye bye, and it sounds like he is also saying don't call lol.

Cute!

Ali has become a real daddy's girl this past week. She walks up to him, holds his hand and says "my daddy". It is so cute. And I know that it's really special for Jeff too. You can see that it just makes him so happy.
    Mom to Ali (3) & Eva (1)

trauma... I had to share this one even though it makes me blush and I think it's a little gross. I was sleeping the other morning without much on and DH threw DS in bed with us to allow us a few minutes to properly wake up. I haven't been too worried about modesty with him yet because he is only 16 months and pretty soon he's going to witness me breastfeeding his little sister, but he took one look and started giggling and said "mommy's pee-pee" while looking at my nipples! And then when I tried to cover up he pulled my shirt away again and counted "one, two pee-pee".

I so didn't realize kids that age were figuring out the other gender's private parts. But he seemed to get the boob idea pretty quick. Sometimes it's not so great to have an advanced talker!!! They say things you aren't ready to hear! My own son had me blushing!

Anyway... had to share this one on here cause I don't want to say it to anyone in RL but I was laughing about it all day.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast