Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Matthew is 3... so not really a toddler anymore either.. but meh. Still cute stuff.

DH asked him yesterday during lunch if he wanted chips when he was done eating ( we aren't below bribery! lol)

He said yes, he put the rest of his sandwhich behind his back and told us he was done!!!!

Expert Forum User

I am so glad someone started this thread. I started a book when DS was born to write things as DS grew up that were priceless at that moment and I did not want to forget.

James is 23 months old and some recent highlights are...

- he has lost almost all his baby signing to saying actual words but he still does this one...baby sign for 'more' up high above his head means more to grow big verses just saying more. LOL!
    - he loves go for his afternoon nap and evening bedtime and says 'BYE BYEEEEEE' 'Night Night' when he is ready!
    - adores animals and says Jerome giraffe when he plays or sees a giraffe. Jerome is from the The Friendly Giant and he picked it up as soon as dad said it. Says 'my bear' to his teddy bear from England called Spencer.
    - we have a yellow Lab named Chris and he callls her Chris and sometimes adds a whoof whoof afterwards. At Christmas time, there was a brown lab too so he said 'dogs' very clearly and tried to say Chris and Teal, the other dogs names but it was easier to say "dogs whoof whoof'.
    - James has a contaigous laughter and once he starts he gets the whole family started!
    - says please and thank you very clearly now which is priceless for the extended family to see.
    - he adores music so when he want to play piano or sing he gets the music book out for us and says 'music' in his own little way.
    - he loves to give hugs and blow kisses that warms everyone's heart especially mum's.
    I think that is the main ones for now that James is doing. Our LO's grow up so fast and it is nice to have somewhere and others to share them with.
    Granola is a Mum to 2 wonderful boys

I was starting to a get a lillte patient with Maven and he looked right at me and said "mom just calm down"
    He puts his hand over my mouth and tells me to have a timeout.
    The funniest thing was )we are in the process of potty training) and I was doing the dishes only to turn around to Maven saying "look mama I pee just like daddy", its was sooo funny watching him to try and stand to pee and get pee everywhere but the the potty. All I could was laugh as I cleaned up the mess. At least he tried.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by teacher_mom View Post
    Lately it seems that everything Clark does makes me laugh...he's such a nerd!
    He is OBSESSED with hockey. Everything is a hockey stick and/or puck. Of course, the fact that our basement is totally done up as a "man's room" just feeds into this obsession. He loves to point to pictures of Gretzky and say "dad". Yeah, I wish buddy! (no offence to DH, of course!)
    Sometimes, just out of the blue, he'll go up to Clair and just kiss her - that doesn't so much make me laugh, but just warms my heart...he's such a sweetie! He does do the strangest thing, though - he'll go up to her, and pretend to pull out some of her hair, and then bring it over to us and feed it to us. ?!? Oddball.
    His new favourite words are "awesome" and "dude", which are usually strung together with "hockey", which is he says in an almost grumbly voice, with a great emphasis on the "key" part. He is also totally into dancing, and loves to dance along with the Backyardigans and with "Miffy". His dances include a lot of squats and arm swinging.
    Oh, and one more, much to my dismay, he has started to laugh and give high fives when he toots. Thanks, DH.
    OMG, J! I was laughing my butt off the whole time I was reading this! What a comedian!

Expert Forum User

He's quite the character now. A little charmer, too. I still don't quite get the whole hair thing, though.

If the three of us are out together, we all hold hands with Ali in the middle, count to three and then swing her. If we stop doing this at any point then Ali starts to do it by herself, "un, two, fee, weeeeeeeeee" and she jumps forward. It's so cute that every now and then we stop swinging her just to see her do it.
    She has a Backyardigans chair ( ) and a wooden rocking chair but if she's watching tv she likes to pull her potty out into the middle of the floor and sit on it fully clothed.
    She's recently decided that Pablo is her favorite Backyardigan. She calls him "Lalo".

It's nice to read what everyone else's LO's are up to.
    Mom to Ali (3) & Eva (1)

Expert Forum User

The "Lalo" comment is too cute! Funny, Pablo is Clark's favourite too! He has started to call his DCP, "LaLa" (her name is Shelah), which I think is adorable. He's also started to show that he's taking his new role as big brother quite seriously. Whenever Clair cries he comes up to me and says "baby saaaaadddd". He's a big fan of helping, too, and loves to take dirty diapers out of the garbage in one room and bring them into another, all the while saying "Dirrrrrty!"

Quote Originally Posted by teacher_mom View Post
    He's a big fan of helping, too, and loves to take dirty diapers out of the garbage in one room and bring them into another, all the while saying "Dirrrrrty!"
    I usually change Ali's diaper in our room when she first wakes up in the morning. Then I have to give the old diaper to her and she likes to take it into her room, put it in her Diaper Champ and then swivel the lid to make it go away. I was really suprised the first time she did this a few months ago 'cause it was obviously something she had just picked up by watching us do it.
    It's nice to hear that Clark likes being a big brother. I'm not sure how Ali will adapt when the time comes. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.
    Mom to Ali (3) & Eva (1)

Banned

I was washing the wood floors, and carter got down on all fours and started wiping them down with me.

Jocelyn, I am training him for Ali lol

Quote Originally Posted by CartersMummy View Post
    I was washing the wood floors, and carter got down on all fours and started wiping them down with me.

Jocelyn, I am training him for Ali lol
    Aww, I love it!! Ali will too
    Mom to Ali (3) & Eva (1)

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Matthew woke up this morning, came to his door ( DH was getting him ) and said Im COWBOY MATTHEW!

Then his horse.. named horse.. followed us everywhere today.. including the bathroom, and we had to be sure not to "step" on him lol

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Well Jordyn is almost a toddler and what makes us laugh the most is how she starts to dance any time she hears music. In her carseat she gets her head just a bopping!!
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

oh man, I've been giggling through this whole thread. Our kids are adorable!

Justus dances non-stop these days to everything that could possibly be perceived as music- and much like Clark his dancing involves really strange squats, shrugs, turning, waving and bouncing. It's beyond dorky.

He says "poo-poo" in a grunty voice every time he farts or poops. It's kind of gross really, but it gets a lot of laughs and I probably won't mind so much the warning he gives us when it's time for potty training.

He sings babble that sounds really close to the real words to itsy-bitsy spider, wheels on the bus, and the abc song. And knows all the actions. Whenever he sees the alphabet he taps on each of the letters and sings his abc song babble (we started pointing together to each letter in a book when we sing the alphabet song a few months ago and now he does it on his own)

We already have to spell the word movie because if he hears it he won't rest until he gets to watch one. We can't even accidentally quote one of his movies like "water, water everywhere" without him yelling "MOOOIE" and running to the basement door.

If he sees a pizza box he starts laughing and yelling "pippa" at the top of his lungs repeatedly (seems to especially enjoy doing this in the middle of restaurants and the grocery store, just to call attention to his shy mama and her very red face!)

and my favorite... randomly walks up and says "hug, mummy?" and lifts his arms to me. He also asks for hugs when he is at the top or bottom of a staircase and wants to be carried up. He's sneaky.. knows asking for a hug is a bit more charming than whining to be picked up!

oh man... I'm such a bore. I try not to brag on my kid and tell all his silly stories in RL, but obviously when I get a chance I can't stop!!! Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by thesods View Post
    oh man... I'm such a bore. I try not to brag on my kid and tell all his silly stories in RL, but obviously when I get a chance I can't stop!!! Sorry!
    Not at all! I love to hear stories like these. So cute. It also gives me free reign to go on and on about Ali

If we're in the car and Ali is getting restless, I ask her if she wants to sing a song. She immediately stops whining, nods furiously and says 'yeah yeah yeah'. There's one specific song we always have to sing too. Nelly the Elephant. Even when she was only a month or two old if we sang that song she'd stop crying. I remember one car trip where we had to sing it nonstop for nearly an hour

It seems like we have a lot of dancers! Ali does the same kind of thing. Bends her knees and bops her head all while swaying from side to side. Or if she's in her car seat she kicks her feet and bops her head.
    Mom to Ali (3) & Eva (1)

Expert Forum User

I love to hear the stories, too - isn't this a fun age???!!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast