Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast

Default Cute things toddlers say and do!

I thought we should have a place to share some of the cute things our toddlers do. It's such a great age and so much fun to watch them discover the world around them. Ali makes me laugh daily with new things she comes up with. I've got to buy a book and write some of this stuff down so I don't forget it. But for now, I'll write it here.

-Ali yells out "crack" when she wants a cracker - can be interesting when you're in a busy store!
    -When you ask her to say thank you she says "come" - as in "welcome"
    -If she sees a picture of, or hears the theme tune to Go Diego Go she freaks right out and yells "Go Go Go!!". She also "sings" along with the theme tune which is basically just her yelling "Go Go Go" for the whole song.
    -She doesn't just say "no" when she doesn't want something she, very emphatically says "no waaaay".
    -If she wants a "treat" she yells out "trit" or occasionally "tit" which, again, can be interesting when you're out in public.
    -If you ask her if she's a monkey she nods and says "ooh ooh ahh ahh" (her version of monkey noises)
    -She loves to give kisses and hugs and, well, I love to get them

So what does your toddler do that makes you smile?
    Last edited by CartersMummy; 01-26-2008 at 07:15 PM.
    Mom to Ali (3) & Eva (1)

well my little guys is a little over the toddler age but close enough
    he says to me all the time mommy you are so impatient
    ohh and yesterday he was looking for something and he couldn't find it so he says ohh my mommy tis is just so rediculous it has to be where it just dont get legs and walk away....
    Becky Mom to X and C

singlemom2myson

My little guy is almost 4.... so hes not a toddler, but today out of the blue he said Mom I need to brush my teeth so the girls will kiss... LOL LOL... and someone who hates brushing his teeth kept at me until I got him his toothbrush and he brushed his teeth in the middle of the day...

Banned

We have a really sensitive smoke detector on our main floor and whenever DH cooks something he tends to set it off. As soon as she hears it, Faron will jump up and run to the kitchen, grab the tea towel off the towel rail, then stand under the smoke detector wafting the smoke away!

Banned

Not sure where to begin.

~ If you ask Carter to go night night for pretend he will jump on the couch pull the blanket over him and snore.
    ~ Yesterday apparently he had cramps because he pulled the heating pad on his tummy, layed down and turned it on (it wasn't plugged in)
    ~ His new thing is tickling, he love to tickle people
    ~ He sings winkle winkle ittle STAR, (he screams the word star)
    ~ When I am singing him his bedtime song he starts humming it, which makes me laugh and then he laughs
    ~ He still thinks his penis is an elephant
    there is more but I don't want to bore people lol

Mine is at the "why" stage! ARG! LOL

Tonight I was saying that I really don't want to go back to work tomorrow and Madison pipes up "Well Mommy, just call your boss then and say no thanks!" If only it were as simple as that! LOL

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ~Laurie~ View Post
    Tonight I was saying that I really don't want to go back to work tomorrow and Madison pipes up "Well Mommy, just call your boss then and say no thanks!" If only it were as simple as that! LOL
    LOL love it, could she call my boss tomorrow for me?? lol

aveymom

If you draw a house on the chalk board with a door, Waverly knocks on the door and says "HELLO, HOME?"
    LOL, sooo cute and we have no idea where she got it from.

-If she sees a picture of, or hears the theme tune to Go Diego Go she freaks right out and yells "Go Go Go!!". She also "sings" along with the theme tune which is basically just her yelling "Go Go Go" for the whole song.
    Waverly does the EXACT same thing. Also, if you say what does the dog say she says" woof woof, what does the kitty say "meow" and what does mommy say "NO NO NO", LOL ,
    StacyLyn
    Last edited by aveymom; 01-01-2008 at 07:54 PM.

Expert Forum User

~ He sings winkle winkle ittle STAR, (he screams the word star)
    That's so funny - Jack says, "cwinkle, cwinkle little star"

Formerly Jacksmommy
    Becky ~ Mom to two busy boys, Jack & Ben

~Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind~
    ~Dr. Seuss~

Ali loves to "tickle" at the moment. You have to pretend to laugh while she's scratching you to pieces. Also, if you ask where mummy's eyes are she doesn't just point to them, she pokes them right out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mom of four
    We have a really sensitive smoke detector on our main floor and whenever DH cooks something he tends to set it off. As soon as she hears it, Faron will jump up and run to the kitchen, grab the tea towel off the towel rail, then stand under the smoke detector wafting the smoke away!
    If our smoke alarm goes off Ali has a mini freak out. She doesn't cry or scream, but she goes rigid, her eyes go wide and then she runs over to me and hangs onto my leg. She does the same thing if the vacuum gets turned on or if someone flushes the toilet.
    Mom to Ali (3) & Eva (1)

This is typical boy stuff for you:
    We are lying in bed one morning with both boys, and Jack says "Daddy, I am gonna fart on you". So he wiggles his butt until it is on DH and he makes a fake fart sound and laughs hysterically. Later that day DH did something to him (ate his french fry or something) and says to Jack "that's for farting on me" and Jack says so sweetly "you're welcome".
    Barbi, mommy to
    Jack and Seth

Expert Forum User

Lately it seems that everything Clark does makes me laugh...he's such a nerd!
    He is OBSESSED with hockey. Everything is a hockey stick and/or puck. Of course, the fact that our basement is totally done up as a "man's room" just feeds into this obsession. He loves to point to pictures of Gretzky and say "dad". Yeah, I wish buddy! (no offence to DH, of course!)
    Sometimes, just out of the blue, he'll go up to Clair and just kiss her - that doesn't so much make me laugh, but just warms my heart...he's such a sweetie! He does do the strangest thing, though - he'll go up to her, and pretend to pull out some of her hair, and then bring it over to us and feed it to us. ?!? Oddball.
    His new favourite words are "awesome" and "dude", which are usually strung together with "hockey", which is he says in an almost grumbly voice, with a great emphasis on the "key" part. He is also totally into dancing, and loves to dance along with the Backyardigans and with "Miffy". His dances include a lot of squats and arm swinging.
    Oh, and one more, much to my dismay, he has started to laugh and give high fives when he toots. Thanks, DH.

Connor "Can I watch tv, mommy?"
    Me "Sure, go ahead and turn it on."
    Connor "No mommy, its way too dangerous to turn the tv on."
    Kim

Tanis is obsessed with the Backyardigans lately. She has to name them off when she sees them in her books or on the "T", as she calls it. She calls Austin Ugg, Uniqua is Unca, Pablo is Po or Soccer and Tyrone is Tone. She always gets Tasha's name right, she shouts for her if she can't see her on the show, it's cute.
    She also calls elephants "dibs", we aren't sure why? LOL

Jenn

Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast