Expert Forum User

Default Need btdt advice...

I am having second thoughts on getting the baby tubes for his ears...he is book for early January! H is 9 months old, And has had ear infections 5 or 6 times since July....so many antibiotics, some don't even work!
    Anyways i am wondering if tubes are the right choice? I haven't tried chiro but that kinda worries me too!
    So who has had babies that got tubes...give me the good, bad and ugly!
    Same for chiro!

Oh I should mention he has already been diagnosed with some hearing loss!
    Mommy to 3 great boys!!

Expert Forum User

I have permanent hearing loss from multiple ear infections as a child. Now as an adult, I would do anything it takes to keep my kids hearing well because I know what a PITA it is. I'd go for it.
    What are your doubts?
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pumpkinery-Creations/220912411314225

Expert Forum User

DD has had tubes in her ears and we also go to Cafe of Life for chiro regularly (though we didn't then so I can't say if it helps or not for ear stuff for sure). The tubes made a huge difference for DD, her ears were so full of fluid that she was not hearing well at all and was having infection after infection. She's only had one infection in the almost three years since (it was bad, tube plugged and drum ruptured) which is amazing after back to back infections that were almost constant.

Our experience with chiro has been great as well and the kids love it!
    Alicia
    Mommy to Summer, Avery, and Bentley

I required tubes as a kid. I have really strange hearing now (not diagnosed, but its like I hear opposite...i can't follow the direction of sound, but thats probably a processing issue)

I remember how much better it was afterwards. I used to shout a lot, and always was so nasally like I had a bad cold.... the difference was awesome! and it protected my hearing.

What are your concerns? its minimally invasive and they fall our when they grow...
    Last edited by Tannaleigh; 12-05-2010 at 01:31 PM.
    Yale 4yr old
    Kane 1yr old
    and baby makes 3!!! Errr... 4!

Expert Forum User

Mostly my concerns are the drugs to sedate and side effects as well as if the tubes need to be replaced more often and cuss more damage to his ears......I just want to be sure I am not jumping the gun and doing something that might not be needed if there is another option......like everything else of course the dr will push the medical choice and maybe not look T alternative therapies first....ykwim?
    Mommy to 3 great boys!!

Expert Forum User

Daegan has a history of bilateral fluid buid-up in his ears (presumed to be related to his CCD) and depending on the specific hearing assessment, bilateral mild to moderate hearing deficiency. It was theorized that if we were to eliminate/decrease the fluid buid-up, he would progress further with his speech. He has had tubes many times without any negative issue. I personally would not be worred about this proceedure.. it is pretty routine.