Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default 12 Days of Christmas: INSPIRED BY FINN

If you're anything like me, you've probably heard mumblings about amber teething necklaces and amber jewelery, but never really paid attention to what it is or what it is for. You may have even seen the amber beads strung around a child's neck or worn by adults - maybe without even realizing what it was you were looking at. So, what is the big deal with amber jewelery? Well, in European countries Baltic amber has been used for centuries as a healing agent, particularly in circumstances when we would now use antibiotics. Amber is fossilized tree resin that contains something called succinic acid. Succinic acid has been shown to stimulate your immune system, reduce stress, increase energy and awareness, combat infection and even help with a hangover. Wearing Baltic amber against your skin releases healing oils that contain succinic acid and is absorbed into the body.
    The colour of the amber matters when it comes to the amount of succinic acid - the lighter the bead, the more amber. Shades range from a gorgeous butter yellow to a deep dark cherry.
    It took me a long time to figure out what item I wanted to test out from Inspired by Finn. I finally settled on a wire bracelet in a mid-range honey colour. The bracelet wraps around my wrist twice and comes off easily when pulled. No risk of it falling apart with the wire construction, which is good when you have children who LOVE to pull at your jewelery and try it on themselves!
    I was naturally skeptical of how much this very old healing method would work, but I dutifully wore my bracelet every day for a few weeks and just waited for the magic to happen. Did magic happen? I don't know. What I do know is that my wrist doesn't hurt anymore. Lugging around a 20lb baby everyday had done a number on my left wrist, so this was the side I wore the bracelet on. Whether the succinic acid worked it's magic or whether I just stopped carrying him on that side due to the fact that I was wearing a bracelet, I'm not sure. It had been stiff and sore for months and it's not now, that much is a fact. I've also had quite an intense few weeks and throughout it all, I've felt unusually calm and alert, where I should be feeling drained and defeated. Maybe there is magic in these beads afterall!
    As I guessed, my children all love my bracelet as much as I do. It's the first thing my baby wants to play with when I greet him in the morning and has been a fabulous distraction through diaper changes. I like to think that whatever healing or pain relieving agents it has, they're also helping him out. My girls have been begging to wear Mommy's new bracelet for weeks, but I'm reluctant to pass it over and risk forgetting to take it back. Next time one of them is fighting a bug though, it'll be theirs to wear.
    Amber teething necklaces are very popular, but despite how it may sound they are not meant to actually go in a baby's mouth. The same principle of healing and pain management applies to babies and toddlers - the necklace is worn against the skin and the oils are absorbed into the skin to help ease the pain and discomfort. People swear by these necklaces (or anklets if the idea of your baby wearing a necklace makes you panic) and they're a great alternative to medicating. Inspired by Finn teething necklaces are knotted between each bead so even if it's pulled off, you won't be scrambling on the floor with nightmares of choking. Just be sure to take it off when they're asleep!
    You can read all about the healing properties of Baltic amber on the Inspired by Finn website What is Baltic Amber & How Can it Help Us? :: Inspired by Finn Online Shop and then have a look at their line of hazelwood as well to see how that can help with a lot of those lovely pregnancy-related issues such as heartburn and acid reflux What is Hazelwood & How can it help us? Click here :: Inspired by Finn Online Shop. Inspired by Finn has fabulous, gorgeous jewelery to help with all of your ailments from teething to backpain to migraines - bracelets, necklaces, anklets and earrings in all sizes and shades. Inspired by Finn Online Shop They also stand firmly behind their products and will issue a return if you're not satisfied! To learn how to save 20% off ANY purchase with Inspired by Finn, go to: Want To Save 20% On Your Order Today? | Facebook
    Want to test it out for free? Send an email to jill@londonmoms.ca with AMBER in the subject line. Link me to your favourite piece and include your username. One lucky winner will get to select anything that is 16 inches or smaller and in stock! Contest closes DECEMBER 5, 2010. Good luck!

Today is day 7 of the LondonMoms 12 Days of Christmas! Remember that all review contest entries will be submitted into the Grand Prize draw at the end on December 10, 2010.
    Last edited by AuntPetunia; 12-02-2010 at 08:57 AM.

Expert Forum User

within walking distance of downtown but a good part

so many to choose from

I sell AVON I sell SCENTSY JOIN THE PARTY!

Last half hour!!

... and I have to add. The day we came home (Friday) my DD2 stole my bracelet and hid it. My wrist ached all day today. I found my bracelet and it's back on.

no way.. wow. thats amazing. they sound like pretty awesome jewellery.

Expert Forum User

within walking distance of downtown but a good part

WHO WON????

I sell AVON I sell SCENTSY JOIN THE PARTY!

The winner is... CMAMA!! Congratulations!

wtg and Congrats to Cmama!

Expert Forum User

congrats!! (i'm jealous)!!

ohhh I am just seeing this now!!! Yeah thanks!

Lets see if all my teething troubles are solved! Today was not a good day in that area!!!