Default Legalities of pumping at work??

Does anyone have any information about whether employers are required to give you breaks for pumping breastmilk while you're at work? I thought I'd heard that somewhere but can't seem to find any concrete information...any help would be most appreciated, as it's for a friend who is about to return to work and her boss is unlikely to be cooperative in her endeavor to continue providing breastmilk to her baby. Thanks so much!!
    Mama to TWO little sweetie pies!!

Banned

I looked this up and it seems a bit vague to me. It talks about your rights as a pregnant or breastfeeding woman, and a lot of it is written as "it is illegal..." and "your employer must...". But when it gets to the bit about breastfeeding or expressing at work, it says your employer "should", so I'm not sure if that means they are legally obligated to or not!

http://ohrc.on.ca/english/guides/pre...tfeeding.shtml

Thanks Alison! I should've waited to post, since I found some stuff right after I posted earlier. I thought I'd post it in case there is anyone else interested (the website I got this from is http://www.peelregion.ca/health/work...2007/oct07.htm )

In addition to the potential benefits, workplaces must support breastfeeding to stay in compliance with the law. The Ontario Human Rights Commission states, “Women cannot be discriminated against in any way because they have chosen to breastfeed.” The employee and the employer need to collaborate on the arrangements to permit the mother to breastfeed upon her return to work (PDF, page 6 of 27).

The Commission goes on to say that “Employees who require breaks, such as for pumping or breastfeeding, should normally be accorded those breaks, and not be asked to forgo normal meal breaks as a result, or work additional time to make up for the breaks, unless the employer can show undue hardship” (PDF, page 9 of 27).

http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/resources/P...eastfeedEN/pdf
    Mama to TWO little sweetie pies!!

I don't know but if you find me can you send me home???

Yes they HAVE to give you a seperate time and provide a place for you as well. I mean a break aside from your regular breaks. You would get your normal breaks and then pumping time as well.