Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Where to get baby's ears pierced??

I have a 1 month old baby girl and I would like to get her ears pierced. I just don't know where a good place to get them done at. And at what age is it good to get them done? I am thinking the sooner the better? So she wont remember? Or so she wont pull at them?

Expert Forum User

we got ours done at visage or something. they have it in masonville too. we got it done in mississauga when dd was 3 months old and she cried literally for 10 seconds. just long enough for me to take her from daddy who was holding her while they did it. imo best age for it. but you will find a lot of people disagree.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

IMO the best age is when she asks

are you aare that piercing guns can NOT be sterilized properly and use blunt force trauma to get the studs into the lobes?

at 5-6 some tattoo studios will do the child with a proper needle

Quote Originally Posted by sittingpretty View Post
    IMO the best age is when she asks

are you aare that piercing guns can NOT be sterilized properly and use blunt force trauma to get the studs into the lobes?

at 5-6 some tattoo studios will do the child with a proper needle
    ITA, and surprisingly when kids have a voice it's not as soon as one might think. My 5 year old is dying to have her's done, but knowing she is going to get a (proper piercing) needle in her ear and it will hurt somewhat, she is choosing to wait a little bit.

I don't think this thread is to intended to make the parents who want to pierce their kid's ears feel bad, so let's not let it go there, eh??? I am sure they have done their research.

Expert Forum User

I did my daughter at 3 months. I did it at Peoples Jewelers. They also have numbing creme you can buy at shoppers. My friend just did her daughter and she didn't even flinch. IMO there is nothing cuter than a baby with bling in her ears

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by lacuna View Post
    I don't think this thread is to intended to make the parents who want to pierce their kid's ears feel bad, so let's not let it go there, eh??? I am sure they have done their research.

high five

Expert Forum User

If you type ear piercing into the search engine above you'll get pages of info. This is a hot topic. That being said I used to pierce ears at claires. They will do both ears at the same time if you ask at 2 months or first shots.
    Proud mom of 3 wonderful children

Quote Originally Posted by lacuna View Post
    where I am trying to make her feel bad?

she asked what age is best and I replied as well asked a question

MOST parents that I have met do not in fact know the guns are not able to be cleaned right or how they work becasue well they don't in fact research if I had a nickle for everytime I hear “I did not know the guns are so bad“ I would be a rich lady

Well, the OP asked at what age we think is best, and that is what has been done, so...

I totally agree with SP. Guns are horrible things, from research standpoint and personal experience.

I would wait until my child asks.

Expert Forum User

I had one daughter done when she was a toddler and one at 3 months. The one who had it done at 3 months has one hole a little crooked (from front to back) so she sometimes finds it tricky to change them herself. Some kids have also had the holes move too high as they grow. I just wanted to point that out in case it helps you decide. When they are real little their lobes still have a lot of growing to do. That being said I think it's cute too and people stop asking you if it's a boy or a girl.

Expert Forum User

My cousin had her daughter's ears pierced when she was about 3 months old (I think). Baby cried for a few minutes, had both ears done at once. I think she went to Claire's. It wasn't a problem until the LO was 2 and figured out how to take the earrings out. THEN the fun began - searching for earrings that were child proof.

04/05/12 & 28/09/12 - Mama loves you, Babies.

We decided to wait to get dd's done when she asks. We will take her to an actual piercing place to use a needle for the same reason as the other posters. It does look very cute though!

Expert Forum User

We went to our hair salon. ODD had hers done around 6 months and YDD had hers at 3 months. I still remember mine at 2 and I was crying and scared so I am glad my girls will never remember

Expert Forum User

I got mine done at 3 months and the only benefit I can see from it is that they never heal. I have worn earring maybe 5 times in the last 12 years and the holes never heal over. The earring holes I got when i was a teen (second holes just above the first set) kept healing over if I left them out for even a night or two. Something to consider I guess.

Neither of my girls have their ears pierced.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast