Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Photography anyone?

I'm looking for other mom's who share a love of photography and want to start a local group (online perhaps? and possibly to get together once in a while) to share pictures, ideas, tips etc.? Photography for me is a hobby and I'd love to take it further... although I know I have a lot to learn. I also have Photoshop and a number of other programs I'm in the process of learning to use and I'd love some tips or others to learn/share ideas with. Any London moms interested??

Oh and I guess I should introduce myself... I'm Tracy, mom to two little girls ages 5 and 6. I live on the North(ish) west side of London and I'm 34.... SAHM.... An OT (Occupational Therapist) in another life but for now home with my girls.

Let me know here or pm me if you're interested

Expert Forum User

I would be SSSOOO interested! I have other friends (local) too that would be interested, but are not mommies so have had nowhere to turn to. (other than mom's message boards, they are hard to find)

I am on a few online message boards for photography, but they are mostly American. A local spot would be so helpful to me I know!

Oh, and I am Laura, mom to Haley (3.5) and Paige (1). I go back to work on Jan 7th as a Child and Youth Worker. I have been doing photography "seriously" since Haley was a baby and am considering making this more of a business now but have no idea how to go about it.

Look forward to chatting!
    Laura
    Mom to Haley (7) and Paige (5)

If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera.
    ~Lewis Hine~

Expert Forum User

I'm intrested!
    I love taking pics but am an amateur. Currently looking for a new camera and would love getting together and learning new things.
    Oh and I'm Steph mom to Nat (10mnts) and expecting #2 in march
    ...and in that moment I swear we were infinite.

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

I would be interested... but to be totally honest and fair to you all I am totally just starting out ... like just gor my Rebel XTI yesturday... so I think I would be doing more learning than contributing - lol

OH and i am Dawn... mom to Kaitlyn who is 3.5.... and i am a SAHM.
    Help my Kaitlyn reach her goal of selling 100 boxes of Chocolate Mint Girl Guide cookies. $5 each and we dliver. PM me

http://dawnfitzgerald.myepicure.com/
    But message me directly to order or book and I can get you a special LM deal

Expert Forum User

Yeah. This would be just my thing! I have somewhat of an addiction to photography that started when my son was born. I would love to get together to share photos, tips, ideas and such.

I work two days a week, as a nurse, so different shifts/days but it leaves me free many days. I have a 5yo son and a 2.5 yo daughter.

Look forward to hearing more about meeting.

Yaaayy! So glad some of you are interested! Oh and just to clarify this is definitely a hobby for me... I am learning and a beginner so by no means great at this. Photography is a huge love of mine but I have so much to learn..... so I am sure we will all learn from each other.

I am saving for a new camera so for now just shooting with an old Olympus digital....

I'll set up an online group so we can introduce ourselves, share pics etc... and hopefully plan a day to meet up It may take me a day or two as I still have one more X-mas get together to bake for and go to tomorrow.

This should be fun!

Oh and Haley's mom... definitely invite your friends... the more the merrier!

Expert Forum User

I'd be interested too! Like everyone else, I started really getting into photography when DD was born. I have accumulated quite a lot of photography equipment since she's been born too! It's just a hobby right now but maybe, hopefully, one day something more!

Keep me posted with details of the group! Thanks

Expert Forum User

Will do!

Honestly... an online thing would be good for me. I would be able to get together once in awhile though I'm sure. But I will be back to work full time days as of Jan. I work in a school so I have all the breaks and summer off though!

I also have Photoshop CS and that has become another obsession of mine! I would love to talk to more locals about it too!

So, Tracy, are you thinking of setting up a board kind of like this? If so, I may know where to do one for free PM me if you need any help... I just am clueless about these things.
    Laura

~Lewis Hine~

Expert Forum User

Me too please!
    I would like to get into photography more seriously, but still have a lot to learn.

Expert Forum User

Talking

Would be interedted in this too! Am dreaming of getting my Rebel(nearly got it last month), but am back to dreaming for a little bit longer....am a scrapbooker so obviously LOVE to take pics!!
    Am currently shooting on a crappy Sony digi...and own Photoshop but haven't braved playing with it yet! LOL!

Expert Forum User

Oh Christy... you have gold on your compluter... just waiting for you! I would love to help others out with Photoshop and photography! There is soooo much you can do!

I am excited... can anyone tell?

Tracy, I PM'd you a couple links to check out.
    Laura

~Lewis Hine~

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

OK so what is this photoshop everyone is talking about??? I know it is a program... but what is special about it?? What makes it different from say Picassa ... or your run of the mill HP or Kodak programs??

See how dumb I am at all this yet??

So should i be investing in Photoshop soon??? What kind of $$ should I expect to pay for it??
    Help my Kaitlyn reach her goal of selling 100 boxes of Chocolate Mint Girl Guide cookies. $5 each and we dliver. PM me

http://dawnfitzgerald.myepicure.com/
    But message me directly to order or book and I can get you a special LM deal

aveymom

Oh I am interested. I LOVE My photoshop elements right now I am addicted to using it!!!

Please keep me posted. I have a website of just my daughter with 1000's of pictures on it and soo many more of landscapes I would love to share and get tips on.

I can't wait to get this set up! I'm working on it now... will let everyone know as soon as it's up and running!

Tracy

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast