mumtobelle

Default Has anyone used a fleece cover for overnights?

I am trying the all in two route for Belle right now at night and April suggested I might want to try a fleece cover. I have never used a fleece cover before. All my covers have been pul or had a procare lining. How does a fleece cover not leak or at least leech through? I am getting a wee bit desperate and my luck with diapers lately has been crappy. I guess I would just like to hear other opinions on fleece covers before I buy a couple and they end up in my pile of diapers I never use.

girlsmum

I have 2 fleecy's for covers but they aren't good for overnight, and they absorb the smell quickly so when I change their dipe, the cover goes with it. They were home made though, don't know if a store bought style would be different??

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

For night I haven't had any luck. I had a stacinator deluxe and Katarina soaks her diapers, so you get compression leaks. Without the compression, I believe it would be fine as the outside of the cover didn't feel wet and it was only directly behind where she was putting pressure on the cover. These are suppose to be the best for overnight, so I'm hesitant of trying any other fleece at night.

I think it is like wool where you need the diaper to absorb really well and just be damp on the outside and the fleece will work.

Do you ever use wool? Not that I've had particularly good luck with that either over night

mumtobelle

Yes, I tried wool for a short time (Aristocrat Baby) but had major stink problems. Belle sleeps for a good 10-12 hours straight through and is a heavy wetter. Think I should just stick with some day to night covers with fleeced lined legs. That seems to do the trick. Have you tried April's covers with fleece lined legs lhastie?

I tried a couple of April's, but then wasn't using them and sold them Might need to get some. I bought a couple of pockets with the fleece legs and might use them as covers for night.

The imse vimse night covers I just got seem pretty good on her legs, I'm surprised \

What is the problem you're having over night? 'Just' leaking through? So you need a more robust cover? Or is it hurting her?

mumtobelle

It's a leaking through issue. I am squeezing her into a couple large covers from April and doing the all in two thing for overnights. She's not leaking but I know they are sort of tight around her thighs.

I fear the fleece will damp on the outside in the morning so think I am going to take a pass on them. My Haute Pockets get damp on the outside and it bothers me so much!!!

I personally don't think that the fleece would be what you want, but that's just from my experience Are you using April's AI2s? Or another diaper? Anyways to add another layer inside? I have no tolerance for dampness on the outside If you're close, you could put fleece pants over the entire diaper and that will buy you a bit. I was doing this when 'testing' wool covers. With the wool over and then fleece pants that saved it from being damp on the complete outside!

Are you waiting for new covers? I'm out of town right now, probably back on the weekend, but I just got two of the super-large Imse Vimse covers that might work size-wise if you need something until you get what you're waiting for.

mumtobelle

No, I haven't bought anything yet. Well, that's not true, I got a few x-l side snapping pockets from April a few weeks back but I don't like how they fit Belle. I think it's because of the design though. I think an x-l cover in the good old velcro should fit her okay.

I'm just kind of mulling it over right now because I really want whatever I opt for to work well for us. I am tired of shelling out so much money on diapers and being so disappointed.

Does she fit into the Large Bummis Super Whisper wraps? You can try mine if you want.

The Super Large Imse Vimse night covers I have are 28lbs+. I also have an XL pocket and AIO (I believe) From baybee. I also have a couple of one-size WonderWrap covers - they've worked for night and they have a high rise so I would expect would fit for quite awhile.

You're welcome to try for size/style if they are of any interest for you. Sooo frustrating to keep trying things that don't work!

I hope you find something that works for her