Expert Forum User

Default Finally... Longies

After 2 months of on and off knitting ... by a mom who has just learnt to knit - we have longies... Better get started on mediums now as she's already 15-16lbs

This is when I was almost done (before I added the drawstring, etc)

so cute! are they wool?

good job!
    Heather.

Push button. Receive bacon.

Expert Forum User

Yeah - they are just some cheap wool I picked up at walmart though, not anything super nice - I wanted to actually both start and finish a pair before dropping a good chunk of change on better wool.

Expert Forum User

Good work! They look super comfy!

girlsmum

Talking

Wow, how did I miss this post....................if I pm'd you my home e-mail address as my inbox on the forum won't take messages, only sends............could you e-mail me the pattern?? I'd love to make a pair myself for my girls, I miss my knitting and seeing the pic you posted really makes me wanna start again!!!

Expert Forum User

http://www.tinybirdsorganics.com/org...%20Newborn.pdf

The larger sizes are done on straights and then seamed rather then on circs (at least for the small-large size). I made the small size for Natalie and they fit at 4.5mo 15lbs, and will probably fit for at least another 2 months, though I added an extra inch to the legs I believe (and I really didn't need too)

girlsmum

Talking

Pattern seems straightforward, not sure why straights would be needed for larger sizes tho, and it doesn't give different cast on numbers for larger sizes..................you cast on 78 stitches for all sizes and just increase the length depending on the length of your baby's legs? I must be tired,lol, I really want to give these a try, I'll check my wool supply and I've pretty much got every size of knitting needle so if it doesn't quite make sense, I'll make it work by chasing the girls around as my work progresses and attaching my work to their behinds and measure.

Thanks HUGE!

Expert Forum User

Not sure either - I just don't think the writer bothered to include the increases etc needed for babes bigger then NB, though there are quite a few other free soaker/longies knitting patterns out there. I just wanted something to knit flat since it was my first pair. Check out this link - Theres a pretty decent section of free ones.

http://fullvid.com/wool/WSLinks.html

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Very cute! Hehe, a cute model too!

Nice job for a first knitting projoct.

girlsmum

Talking

I just put my girls to bed realizing that my manners really stunk there....................my FIRST response should have been that you did a really nice job on your longies, your work looks nice and even, and I've seen lots of different works so the fact that you're a beginner surprises? me huge. Knitting obviously comes to you naturally, whether time permits or not.

Your model was beautiful as well, made me want to make some pairs all the more!! So plse put this post before my request for the pattern,lol, thought of them while reading to my girls, the essence of rudeness hit me so here I am again.

Expert Forum User

Well done! They're very cute!

Polly

oo they are neat. I'm going to make some too!

girlsmum

Talking

Oh my gosh BUN..................you've started a craze..............................