Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Mama's Got Swag: REGAL

Regal is a Canadian catalogue company that has been around for over 80 years now. They specialize in one-of-a-kind and unique, hard-to-find items for your home, office, and family. They have everything! The Regal catalogue is stuffed so full of cool things, you are definitely going to find something of interest there, if not a whole bunch of things. Toys, cook and bakeware, games, books, Christmas decorations, home decor, bags and purses, storage solutions, they have got it.

I had no idea how Lisa would choose one item out of the hundreds available for me to test out, but she did and it was a great one! I received a 10-piece cookie cutter set that you use to create a 3D Christmas tree out of cookies. It also comes with 3 icing bags and 2 decorating tips to decorate your tree.

There weren't any instructions with the set, so I was confused at first how the whole thing would be put together, but once I got started it was obvious. A simple sugar cookie recipe (see the Recipe section in the forum for my recipe; you could also use gingerbread!) was enough to make 3 of each of the 10 star shaped cookies. Once baked and cooled, all I had to do was stack them from largest to smallest, turning them so that the stars points were not lined up. Then, with a bit of green tinted peppermint butter cream frosting, I dotted all of the trees tips and added mini m&m's. Then I passed the piping bag over to my kids to add some flare and the results were, um, creative!

The tree was a great project to work on with my two- and four-year old. They loved the rolling and cutting, and especially the decorating with icing. They were so proud of their final creation... but not proud enough to leave it uneaten, of course! It would make a great little centrepiece at a kids table over the Holidays, a cool way to do a cookie exchange or use it as an alternative to the store-bought gingerbread houses that have been sitting on the store shelves for weeks! I love it, such a cool idea.

Have a look through the catalogue http://lisac.shopregal.ca/Pages/Christmas2010.aspx for all of your Christmas shopping needs: cards, wrap, decorations, crafts and kits, novelty gifts, Holiday cookbooks, and for when it's all over, fitness equipment! Visit Lisa's website for shopping information http://lisac.shopregal.ca/MySite/Story.aspx, contact her through her facebook group Regal - London Ontario Rep | Facebook, email her at Lisa@londonregal.ca
    or send her a pm on the forum (upsidedownmuffin).

Send an email with your favourite Christmas item from the catalogue to jill@londonmoms.ca by WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2010 with REGAL in the subject line for your chance to win your very own Cookie Tree Set! Good luck!

If you would like your product or service reviewed by the Swag Mama's, send an email to jill@londonmoms.ca

Get your emails in!

Banned

I've send mine in

Two more days!

One more day!

Congratulations Kim Carlton!! Check your email for information on how to claim your prize.