Expert Forum User

Default No more sanity breaks...

... aka no more naps. DD decided that she is no longer going to nap. Soooo weird. She has been consistently napping for 2 - 3 hours each afternoon and then 3 days ago just gave it up - cold turkey. I must admit, it doesn't seem like she needs one anymore. I was expecting a gradual decrease in napping time until she cut them out. Or an every-other-day kind of thing. I was not expecting this! I had no time to mentally prepare... I am depressed. I have no more me time. Waaaaa!!! Sympathy please.

I don't know but if you find me can you send me home???

I will give you sympathy....

Brady still naps 2-3 hours a day every day, Ethan naps about every other day - every 2 days, for an hour to an hour and a half and Spencer will still nap about once a week..... Oh man do I love those days....teehee...

Opps sorry, more sympathy for you.......

Administrator Site Admin

It won't last don't worry!

Ok maybe it will for her but my boys all cut out their naps for a period of time aroud age 3 and then started again b/c they were so miserable!!

Either way we insisted on "quiet time" looking at books etc. in their rooms. Pretty sure it was more for me than them but it worked for everyone!

When all else fails the tv on the couch sometimes turns into a nap!
    Leslie

Expert Forum User

Oh, how I dread the day! My thoughts are with you...

Banned

Sympathies from me.

Nobody in my house has had a nap for years. I really miss those special moments of everyone in bed in the afternoon! But as a result they all go to bed quite early so more "me" time in the evening instead!

I can sympathize with you. Evie has been on and off with her naps. She rarely has one anymore and she will be 3 in a couple weeks.
    I have also tried the tv thing but it doesn't always work anymore That's ok though, we get to spend time just the 2 of us now with Jonah at school and get to go shoppig!

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
    It won't last don't worry!

Ok maybe it will for her but my boys all cut out their naps for a period of time aroud age 3 and then started again b/c they were so miserable!!

Either way we insisted on "quiet time" looking at books etc. in their rooms. Pretty sure it was more for me than them but it worked for everyone!

When all else fails the tv on the couch sometimes turns into a nap!
    We had the same thing happen. ESPECIALLY when Paige was younger. Haley just didn't want to miss anything and she knew that Paige was awake feeding or whatever. Once I got them on the same nap schedule she started napping again.

Don't throw in the towel yet!
    Laura
    Mom to Haley (7) and Paige (5)

If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera.
    ~Lewis Hine~

Expert Forum User

Thanks for the sympathy ladies... feeling a bit better *sniff sniff*. I never thought that maybe she wasn't napping b/c the baby was up with me - duh! Makes sense. I do still put her down for quiet time. I play a CD for her to go to sleep (always have) and she has to lie in bed until it is over which takes an hour. She has always done this on the odd days she wasn't tired and still seems fine with it for now. Oh, I REALLY hope that you ladies are right and that there still may be a nap or two left in her! When I was preggo with #2 I did say that I hoped she kept napping ljust ong enough for me to get used to the baby... should be careful what I wish for! Thanks again!!! I am going to try to put #2 on a schedule/routine one of these days... I'll make sure their naps line up. 'Cause it's that easy, right?

If you really want that "me" time still then you could always do a type of quiet time play. and then you can still have time for you...? my friend does that and her 4 yr old reads or plays in her room quietly while the baby sleeps and it seems to work for her geting things done.

The future is uncertain... but this uncertainty is at the very heart of human creativity