Expert Forum User

Default For the ladies that played ball or husbands played in a league this summer

When did you get your deposit back, if anything? We've been waiting since the end of our season (end of Aug.) and haven't heard anything. We've bee waiting on this money to throw a team party but the coaches haven't said anything about it. Are we supposed to get this back? It was mentioned that we'd get like $200 back and that would have covered the food and a case or two of beer. It's getting cold now and I was hoping to get a party together to celebrate the summer before everyone took off. Anyways, is me hoping for this money all in vain? Was I just getting sunshine blown up my arse?
    Last edited by SweetyPi; 10-05-2010 at 09:38 PM.

Expert Forum User

DH ran/coached a team this summer. He still hasn't recieved the deposit on his end, or heard anything from the convenor. I think he mentioned calling today or tomorrow while he's off so I'll let you know if he learns anything.
    A by the book mama to a completley healthy DD Dec.2002 and doing it all different, BWng, CDing, BLWing, crunchy mama to an equally healthy DS Nov.2008 apparently a cosleeping mama DS Aug. 2011

Expert Forum User

Thnx. I was just wondering if someone was blowing sunshine up my arse.

If I remember correctly...the deposit is held and applied to the next year unless it is requested back as a refund. The guys team I ran (way back when!) was always enrolled in the same league so instead of paying a new deposit each year...this kept us on the list for the next yr...and the deposit is used if a game is not played due to forfeit or whatever (to pay for umps already scheduled and out there). A Phone call should get your money back to you