Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Mama's Got Swag: BATTY'S BATH

Batty’s Bath is a line of bath and body products that are made right here in London by an incredibly talented woman named Jamie. All of her products are made by hand in small batches with only the freshest, natural, fair-trade ingredients, without animal testing of course! Like most entrepreneurs, Jamie started out making soaps for herself and after seeing the difference quality ingredients and non-toxic products can make on your skin, she found herself immersed in the world of shea butter, glycerine and olive oil.

I was given a jar of one of her top selling products: Strawberry Body Butter made with coconut oil and cocoa butter.

I loved this body butter. I am generally a fan of body butter of any kind, but now that I’ve used Batty’s Bath body butter, I feel like up until now I have been using body margarine. This stuff is actually the texture of whipped butter. It’s rich, just a bit thick, and creamy. So much like the real stuff that my first thought was how greasy it was going to be smeared all over my body. Not so! I was truly impressed at how easily and quickly it rubbed in.

The strawberry smell is satisfyingly potent. It reminds me of something from my childhood that I can’t quite put my finger on. I’m thinking Strawberry Shortcake and Easy Bake Ovens. I want to eat it. Although I could smell it on my skin, my husband said that he couldn’t unless I was putting my arm under his nose. I also didn’t smell it on my kids at all after snuggling with them, which I appreciated.

I didn’t give it much thought, just used it every morning post shower in place of my regular lotion. It wasn’t until a couple days later when someone asked me how I was enjoying it that I really gave it any attention. My first impression was that it was just like most other lotions/creams.

And then I felt my elbows.

They were smooth! Like, really, really smooth. And my forearms were that bizarre softness that only little kids have. I don’t know when it happened, but once I realized it, I couldn’t stop touching the skin on my arms throughout the day. There really is no heaviness, no weight, no greasy residue that you often have on your skin after using the usual body butters, either. My skin feels clean and just… soft.

Batty's Bath offers so much more than just body butters. If you check out the website, you'll find fabulous, delicious soaps, body scrubs, lip balms, shampoos and conditioners, and so much more. Right now, there are awesome Halloween-inspired soaps and bubble baths that your kids (and you!) will love.

~ t

~~~

Who doesn't like smelling pretty and feeling soft? I have to admit that I love nice smells....the “no scents“ rule at my workplace always makes me sad and to be honest I've just turned it into a “reduced scent“ rule for myself!

I've never used body butter before and even had to ask exactly what it was before I volunteered to test it out but I'm so glad that I did. I was a little scared to try it at first because it looked so thick and creamy. I was afraid it would feel like lathering on vaseline. I was pleasantly surprised when I first gave it a try and it rolled right on as light and soft as could be. The sample I tried was strawberry which has to be one of my favorite smells. It's quite potent at first and there is definately another smell to it...possibly a baby powder scent but once it's all rubbed in although I can still smell it it doesn't seems to overpower those around me. So we've determined that it smells nice but you must be dying to know what's it done for my skin right? It didn't disappoint me here either as my skin's been silky smooth since I started using it! Even my heels and knees are feeling great as a result.

My only wish......is that I had more delicious scents to test out! Two thumbs up for Batty's body butter!

~ L

Ready to get soft and smooth and really, really clean? Check out the Batty's Bath website to sign up for the mailing list and get the inside scoop on deals: http://battysbath.weebly.com/ You can also follow her on Blogger: http://battysbath.blogspot.com/ on Twitter: http://twitter.com/battysbath on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?sk=games&ap=1#!/battysbath?ref=ts and then go shopping on Etsy! http://www.etsy.com/shop/battysbath She's everywhere! Mom Perks cardholders get a 10% discount on all online orders and get a special perk if you do a home "Sniff & Shop" Party! http://forum.londonmoms.ca/64508-battys-bath#post1019667 She has free delivery within the city of London!

If you can't wait to get your hands on some of Batty's Bath's amazing body butter, send an email to jill@londonmoms.ca with BATTY in the subject line by WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 6 at 8pm. One email will be randomly selected to win some yummy Cranberry Vanilla Peach body butter!

i can't access the LM link you posted. (the last one about the sniff and shop party). it says i don't have permission to access the page.
    My little man was born on Oct 12/08 at home into Dad's loving hands.
    My little lady was born on July 28/11 at home... Daddy was busy keeping mom company.

I have 1 baby Santa Suit for Sale 0-3 months (http://forum.londonmoms.ca/vbclassif...&memberid=2201) or to Trade (http://forum.londonmoms.ca/104323-tr...it#post1592622). Thanks for looking!

It's the Mom Perks page. You can find it in there.

Zoo

I heart Jamie, she's a delight to work with and helped me sort out all my teacher gifts last year.

ah. that's why i can't access it.

i agree, jamie's awesome. i want to buy more of her stuff!
    My little man was born on Oct 12/08 at home into Dad's loving hands.
    My little lady was born on July 28/11 at home... Daddy was busy keeping mom company.

I have 1 baby Santa Suit for Sale 0-3 months (http://forum.londonmoms.ca/vbclassif...&memberid=2201) or to Trade (http://forum.londonmoms.ca/104323-tr...it#post1592622). Thanks for looking!

Expert Forum User

Jamie is so nice! My MIL is having a Batty's Bath party in I think two weeks, im going to get some stuff i didnt get at my party ehehhe

Candace~ Christ-clinging, babywearing, tiedying, barefoot, nature loving, crunchy mamma of three~

im thinking about having one! i just need to look into it more!
    Tiffany
    Mom to Ben, Jonathan and Zachary

Get your emails in! Only 2 more days

Zoo

Don't get your emails in! I wantsta win!

One more day!

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Email sent. Randomly pick me k? LOL
    *~* The point isn't whether they lived happily ever after, the point is that they lived*~

Six hours!

done. with a side note

Expert Forum User

ohhh I love the body butter!!! I didn't know I can get a 10% discount, I guess I should get one of those perks cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like to buy her stuff when she's at the market so I can smell all of it

CLOSED! Sorry for the delay. I'll get a winner in a few!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast