Expert Forum User

Default Did I just buy the wrong size shoes?

im not sure if i've ever bought shoes that fit properly but this is really bugging me. I just bought a new pair of Privo's and since the people at Soft Moc were ZERO HELP, i'm not sure if I picked the right size.

My foot measures a 6.5 on those sizing things. Used to be 7, go figure. I've always bought size 7 though. I think I have narrow heels because slip-on shoes have always slipped on me when I walk in them. But I just deal with it.

Anyway, so I tried these on in 6.5 and 7 today. The 6.5 did NOT slip at all when I walked.....My toe didn't hit the end of the shoe either. But they felt quite tight across the wide part of my foot near my toes (what's that called again?) To the point that I could feel the little bones crunching a bit when I walked.

The size 7 shoes felt more comfortable, but now that Im wearing them at home, they do slip a bit at the heel. But they don't seem so tight across the wide part of my foot. I never know how to account for stretching, or how to tell how snug they should be.

I've bought and returned so much stuff in the lst few weeks...if I have to exchange these, I think I'll scream. Is it better to go a bit bigger, or should I have allowed for stretching iwth the smaller size???

THese are the shoes:

Privo Women's Shoes | Bingle | Privo by Clarks Shoes | Powered by Zappos Development, Inc.
    "My mind is going a mile an hour."

Expert Forum User

Leather shoes will stretch a bit and form to your foot after wearing a few times. Options would be get the 6.5, and wear around the house to see if they'll stretch, or you can also by little things that stick in the back of the heel to prevent slipping.
    Good luck

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

why not buy the 6.5 in a wide? lol

Expert Forum User

I always have the same problem. If they're leather they'll usually stretch a bit. If not, get the little strip that fits in the heal.

This is why I wear lace ups lol.

I <3 those shoes btw

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Or just put an insole in and it might fit more snugly without crushing bones.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Banned

I think you should get the smaller size in the wider brand.

Your feet are so little compared to my clod hoppers lol I wear a 10-11

Last year I purchase Privo - same shoe as yours but not leather.... I found that the sizes are a half size off. Instead of 9.5 I had to get a 10 (I was a 9 before 2 kids). Also I have really narrow feed so they fit great.... I don't have to were insoles, and they still look new a year later.

I would go back to the store and tell them what is wrong with the fit.... especialy since no one assisted you and they don't seem to fit...

Expert Forum User

I would also be inclined to try a wide width in them. I have the widest, flattest feet, with narrow little heels...so hard to find shoes that fit. UGH! Shoe shopping used to be the only thing I liked, and now I hate that too LOL! LOVE those shoes!!! I would take the ones you got back there and see if they carry the wider width and try them on. If you like those better, get them instead

Expert Forum User

within walking distance of downtown but a good part

i work with shoes ( including Privo) all the time and I would return the size 7 and get the 6.5 and take it to a shoe repair shop and ask them to stretch them ( or i can give you the address to one of our clinics for free) any shoe can be stretched width wise and we recommend it if you have one part of your foot wider then the other

I sell AVON I sell SCENTSY JOIN THE PARTY!