Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Expert Forum User

There is a book called Lemonaid that reviews all cars, makes and models. Gives alot of unbiased opinions, stats etc. Check it out at the bookstore.
    ~Cheryl~
    cherylb.acndirect.com

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by MayberyRFD View Post
    Just so you know they are basically the exact same vehicle with the exception that one says Pontiac and the other Cheverolet.
    Thanks. I have been told that they are the same the only difference it cosmetic yet when I researched it there were a lot of electrical issue with the Equinox. Even one of the local dealers said the same.

I wonder if it matters that the Torrent is discontinued? If it is the same as the Equinox parts won't be obsolete. I read the only reason they are discontinued is so pontiac can focus on cars since GM already has the equinox.

I am so lost. I need something and probably soon. Any other ideas of an affordable SUV that won't give me headaches.

Expert Forum User

I test drove one today and found it kind of loud. Like when you go over a bump it was like you could hear the pastic rattle.

Is that normal? The one I drove was just a plain jane model with no power anything. As you get up to the higher models (leather/power..etc) does it get better?

My sister-in-law just got a good enough deal at Larry Hudson in Listowel that she was willing to drive from Sudbury to get her new vehicle.

She got a Chevy Traverse, but couldn't believe what he was offering for her trade and for her new purchase.

My other sister-in-law has an Equinox, just a couple of years old now, and trust me, if she were having electrical issues, we would have heard about them. She's not likely to keep a vehicle that needs regular servicing.
    Avon Rep in Whitehills.
    If I can walk to your place, I'll be glad to bring around a brochure. Send me a message.

Expert Forum User

hmmm mine doesnt make any noise at all, it could be the sway arm needs to be replaced.

Expert Forum User

if it were me i would test drive another one somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyGirls22 View Post
    Thanks. I have been told that they are the same the only difference it cosmetic
    My mom works at cami where they are/were made and literally the insides are the same... obviously the outsides are different, electrical issues could be maybe how the final item is put together but they are the same car... cami was bought out by GM so that has affected the products they make and how many and how long they make them...

Expert Forum User

I talked to another dealer today and explained but who knows. I am going to drive another one next week just to see. I have one that I really want so I am going to drive it that way I won't have to wonder. I have searched other types but this one seems to be in my price range and have all the features I want. The one I drove was a base model and the one I am looking at is fully loaded with leather. Maybe all the extra's makes a difference.

Bring someone else along with you if you want a second opinion on something going on with it (aka a noise, tires etc). Better to be safe than sorry...ya don't want a lemon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12