Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default i see dumb PPL everywhere!!! -vent

I can't believe the disregard PPL show for others.
    Truly pathetic
    i was driving when i hear the ambulance coming.
    what are you suppose to do but pull over to the RIGHT side
    dumb*ss pulls infront of the ambulance and stops then doesn't move!!!!!!!!!!!

A few weeks ago same thing but the traffic at the light doesn't bother to clear a path
    Like these dumb*ss don't realize they can pull ahead regardless of the light for an ambulance!!!!!

what is wrong with PPL did they get their DL and then think the ministry was kidding about cops/ambulances and fire trucks having the right of way and you MOVE??????????
    Last edited by Tami&amber; 12-11-2007 at 09:27 AM. Reason: LOL I SAID LEFT!

The future is uncertain... but this uncertainty is at the very heart of human creativity

I don't know but if you find me can you send me home???

That makes me mad....enough so that is all I am going to say really. But what if it was your house on fire or your family in a car accident......MOVE OVER

Expert Forum User

This bugs the crap outta me too. However I never knew you were suppoed to pull over to the left. I always pull over to the right. Everyone I see does too... wouldn't that make more sense or am I missing a big obvious something???

Expert Forum User

I think it is to the right in most cases (i.e. closest to the shoulder) except if it's not possible and then just get the hell out of the way no matter how you need to do it! I totally agree, I'm dumbfounded by some people on the road, especially with emergency vehicles coming!
    Mum to Alyssa (born April 30, 2005)

I say that I will haul my *ss out of the way for a high speeding ambulance/fire truck/police. How people can be selfish to think their destination is more important than the emergency vehicles. A few seconds/minutes is so important to save lives. Especially with these winter road conditions, I wouldn't want those huge trucks to be swerving in and out of cars with someone's life in their hands.

Banned

I really do think that most people will pull over when confronted by an Ambulance or Fire Truck. I know that sometimes it is hard to hear them if you have music going or crying/screaming kids... I know this because it happened to us.. The kids were singing very loudly to their CD and all of a sudden an Ambulance was screaming beside us!! Scared the crap out of us.
    Another time we were driving through an intersection and were very suprised to see a Fire Truck barrelling down on us from the cross roads. We did not hear it and again were shocked by it.
    I know that in our case both times we are aware that time is of the utmost importance and moved out of the was as soon as was possible safely.

I can't imagine not doing everything I can possibly do to safely get out of the way of Emergency Vehicles and if someone is truly just being ignorant then they deserve to be fined or something.

OKAY
    music i get
    but when you saw it you moved.
    you didn't just stop in your tracks or try to over power their run....

years ago a guy came into the intersection looked both ways and proceeded and the fire trucs were right there!!! Unless he was blind he had to notice traffic stopped which alerted him to look.....?....
    anyway the fire truck nailed his car and it was not pretty.

of coarse the entire station following him couldn't proceed (witness i guess and to now work on buddy) BUT the bad thing is another house had to be dispatched, you could hear the chief yelling into his radio.

I would hate to think what happened where these firefighters were suppose to be.

sadly, very sadly i think it is common.

The future is uncertain... but this uncertainty is at the very heart of human creativity

Expert Forum User

In defense of the person who stopped, perhaps s/he just panicked? I know when I hear them coming behind me on the road, my heart jumps. I want to get out of the way quickly, but at the same time I am afraid I'll cause an accident if I move too quickly.
    Please always show kindness in your posts as the person receiving it may need it more than you will ever know.

SAHM to two boys, 13 and 7.

Expert Forum User

If you can't hear sirens over your music in the car I think you are playing your music too loud. That is not safe either.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thebarmybee View Post
    If you can't hear sirens over your music in the car I think you are playing your music too loud. That is not safe either.

Well it wasn't so much the music as the kids singing to the music and when you have 4 of them ( now 5) the "lets see who can be the quietest " game does not last long. And it was also in the winter with the windows up.... ect ect .. Why am I defending myself.... I am just saying that there is other reasons besides ignorance that might cause someone to not move out of the way fast enough....

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Funny... I just witnessed the same thing yesturday morning and was furious. The giuy did try to get out of the way.. .but six.... count them six... cars refused to stop the cross way and the ambiulance had to sit half out on the road waiting for a safe path. Soooo frustrating!! And do people not realize that ALL directions of traffic are supposed to stop??? It drives me crazy when people going the same way stop but the ones coming towards the emergency vehicle... the ones that CAN see it first usually ... do not stop. Are we not all supposed to stop and pull over to make a clear path up the middle if itr is needed??
    Help my Kaitlyn reach her goal of selling 100 boxes of Chocolate Mint Girl Guide cookies. $5 each and we dliver. PM me

http://dawnfitzgerald.myepicure.com/
    But message me directly to order or book and I can get you a special LM deal

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I see this constantly, and it irritates me to know end.

In defense of the person who stopped, perhaps s/he just panicked? I know when I hear them coming behind me on the road, my heart jumps. I want to get out of the way quickly, but at the same time I am afraid I'll cause an accident if I move too quickly.
    Im sorry, but if you panic, IMO you shouldn't be on the roads.

This leads to, omg, does anyone else watch Canadas Worst Driver?? Season Finale was last night. I don't really think any of them should have their DL to begin with!

I HATE this!...I was actually talking about this on Friday with DP when it took us 2 hours to get from Sick Kids to the ramp up to the Gardiner. How on earth do emergency vehicles get ANYWHERE during rush hour in Toronto???
    Yale 4yr old
    Kane 1yr old
    and baby makes 3!!! Errr... 4!

Expert Forum User

I've watched cars block ambulances at intersections, I've watched cars almost flattened because they wern't expecting the fire truck heading tward us to pull into our lane.
    Whenever there is an emergancy vehicle all traffic should move quickly AND safely out of the way.
    Part of the problem is when you are sitting in traffic and there is no where to go.... An ambulance driver told me that if you cannot safely move out of the way you should stop and put your 4-way blinkers on so the driver knows you see him but have no where to go. Sometimes it's better to stay put and let the emergency vehicle go around you.
    The idea is that as long as you allow the vehicle "right of way" you are doing your part....

I missed this season of Canadas worst drivers but I did see the first season where they had them practicing breaking in order to stop before hitting the wall. They had a light on the dash letting them know when to break.... I was shocked to see that more than half of the drivers ran into the wall when they purposfully stopped turning the light on..... I had to wonder how these folks got thier DL's too....

Expert Forum User

I work for ambulance & I am dumbfounded how there aren't more accidents. Excellent driving skills on the paramedic side, that's for sure.
    I honestly don't understand why it's so difficult to move over for an emergency vehicle. Did you know that if an emergency worker has an accident, it affects their PERSONAL driving record?
    I think that when a person gets their license, they should have a part of their driving test devoted to this subject, not just a paragraph in the driving manual...
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pumpkinery-Creations/220912411314225

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast