Default Coziest Bedding Out there!

Hi all!

This Christmas I would LOVE to buy myself and hubby the most luxurious bedding out there! Problem is...I dont know where to get it! Anybody know how to make a bed the softest, coziest ever?! What are your fav sheets? Fav duvets?

Thanks for your help!

Expert Forum User

I love my new sheet set that I just bought, I don't really think that it matters where you buy sheets (as long as it's not a place like Lens Mill Store - they sell irregulars) but it's the thread count. I just bought 310 thread count sheets and the feel wonderful. My mom has a few sheet sets that are 600 thread count and they feel awesome, but I also know she paid a good $$ for them. I would check out Linens & Things or The Bay. As for a duvel, we love ours, I don't remember the brand, but it is a 4 star (easy to find) and we bought it at Sears. Our duvet cover came from Linen's and Things and it feels like microfibre or faux suade.

Zoo
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Agreed, the higher the thread count (and pretty much the higher the retail price) the more luxurious the feel. My mil swears by Winners and HomeSense! Watch the clearance bins and sales to try to get more bang for your buck (and maybe look for neutral colour schemes so you can add on to the set easily?)

Peek'a Boo

Higher the thread count the better and 100% cotton is a must. I've bought some really nice ones at Sears on sale, but that's hit and miss for a good sale (I've never paid more than $30 for 350+ thread count king sets there).

HomeSense is good too.

omg thank you ladies! I never even thought to consider the thread count DUH! LOL I have never been to HomeSense but I'll for sure be making a trip there! Can u shop online at HomeSense?

Thanks again!

If you are looking for really cozy and warm sheets my DH picked up some fleece sheets at the superstore and they are so nice to crawl into at night, but they are superwarm. I think he siad that they were around $25-30 for a queen set.
    Enjoy everyday - they go by way too fast!

Expert Forum User

I just received a duvet cover from LLBean for my oldest - and now I must order one for me. It's the softest flannel I have ever felt. (And they have free shipping to Canada) I might even have to try the flannel sheets too!

I also love Laura Ashley Flannel Bedding - it's what we have on our bed and I just love it!! So soft....
    Kim
    Mom to four great kids: Hunter, Trent, Emma and Logan

Oh thanks ladies...but what is LLBean?

Expert Forum User

LLBean is based in Freeport, Maine USA. Their products are amazing; quality and price. I also ordered slippers for the whole family for this Christmas and I can't wait for Christmas morning to start wearing mine. The website is llbean.com or call 1-800-221-4221 to order a catalogue.
    Kim
    Mom to four great kids: Hunter, Trent, Emma and Logan

Thank you I just checked their website...I LOVE IT!

I picked up a luxurious bedding set at Kohl's in Port Huron MI. You can check out their website at www.kohls.com They don't ship to Canada though. I got flannel snowman bedding for the kids at 50% off. It is really cute and warm.

Post a pic of what you choose.

Expert Forum User

I just had to add that we spent a few days in Bracebridge during the holidays and slept in BIL & SIL's bed. A king size bed, made up with cream micro-fleece sheets and a duvet with a waffle cover. The king size pillows made a difference too. And I thought our queen sized bed was comfy! She said she found the micro-fleece sheets (not flannel! I do not like the flannel) at Costco for around $35 and the duvet cover was PC from Independent...Loblaws here.
    Lynn, newly employed mom to Evelyn (13), Sophie (10), and Georgia (6)

GIRLS ROCK!!