Default Daddy & Me Weekly Program

The Daddy and Me program is a weekly “program for dads, run by dads” that looks at ways to be better fathers for our children.

This program includes biological fathers, step-fathers, same-sex fathers – any male who is in a parenting role whether it’s custodial or non-custodial. This program is also open to soon-to-be fathers.

The group meets every Wednesday from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Childreach. Childreach is located at 265 Maitland St. between Bathurst St. and Hamilton Rd. Childminding is available at no cost for children 0-6 years old. Support fror this program is generously provided by funds from the Labatt 24-Hour Relay.

There will be a different topic every week which might include guest speakers. A light snack will also be served.

To register, contact Mary Ann Avey at 519-434-3644 x19 or register online here -
    Event Information | Childreach - London Ontario
    My musings about my children, my crafts and everything and anything else can be found on my blog.

Thanks for sharing!

Hand Drawn Portraits of Your Furry Friends!
    Go to suepetportraits.blogspot.com for more details!

Apparently turnout was dismal, so they've changed the day of the week to Tuesday - same time, same story!
    My musings about my children, my crafts and everything and anything else can be found on my blog.

Expert Forum User

why isn't there any dady play groups... I can't convince my DF to go share his feelings with a bunch of guys. but
    I could convince his to go play with his son...
    ~Who ever said "don't cry over spilt milk" has never been a breast feeding mother with latch issues standing over a puddle

Expert Forum User

Isn't there a daddy and baby program on Saturdays?

Quote Originally Posted by Upsidedownmuffin View Post
    Isn't there a daddy and baby program on Saturdays?
    I believe there is a fathers only playgroup at the London West OEYC on Saturday mornings.

There isn't a fathers only playgroup at Childreach, but a lot of fathers bring their children in to play all the time. When my children were under 6, my husband took them to them to play there in the afternoons when the playroom was less busy. He felt very welcome, and he had a great time playing with our daughters. I found him a few times wearing an apron cooking up some rubber eggs in the tiny house. But he's a silly guy, and the girls begged to go again and again.

Expert Forum User

we have been going to child reach since my son was 8 weeks old. 1-2x a week and in all that time I can count on 1 hand the amount of daddies i've encountered.
    ~Who ever said "don't cry over spilt milk" has never been a breast feeding mother with latch issues standing over a puddle

I think it depends on what time you go. They do come to the playroom during the off times like afternoons, Saturdays, and evenings. The women obviously outnumber the men because many are on maternity leave or are home child care providers. There are a couple dads that are stay-at-home dads, but those are certainly the minority. My husband worked shiftwork, so he was able to take our children whereas I work Monday to Friday 9 to 5. But like I said, he would take them in the afternoon when it was quieter.

I love that he is really involved and engaged with raising our children, and my children didn't lose out on some fun and learning because he wasn't hung up on being the only dad in a playroom.

Expert Forum User

yea I guess that is true.