Default Parents Choice Formula

Do any of you know what it is similar too...I had to buy it the nother day because when I went to walmart they had no cases of Nestle....
    Cobe is taking to it really well but sometimes I am a little skeptical of some no name products.. Don't get me wrong I know there are guidelines they have to follow and I know it is safe...but what is this formula similar to?
    What have your experiences been with this brand of formula?

TIA
    Becky Mom to X and C

My friend uses the powdered version of this brand of forumla. She says that it is really close to the Nestle Good Start w/ Omega 3 & 6. I read the ingredients, and it is close.... I can't remember exactly the differences.

I haven't tried it myself, but she seem to really like it, and it is way cheaper than the Good Start.
    Rochelle
    aka Justin's Mom

Administrator Site Admin

Nope! I called the health unit and they sent out a form that shows that Nestle is 100% whey whereas the Parent's choice brand is 60:40 whey:casin ratio. It's most similar to Enfamil which is also 60:40

Similac is 48:52 and the kirkland brand of formula is actually the exact same ratio.
    Leslie

Does the form say anything about the President's Choice formula...just curious. We used it a bit with Abbi after she finished breast feeding.

Whitehills...Two blocks from my childhood home!

Default Parents Choice

I asked my family DR about this as well. He informed me that it is safe for an infant at ANY age. I was buying the 30 cans of Similac with Omegas and such. My son actually reacted more to those then to the parents choice. My son cannot have that much iron in his diet, and since he is getting cereal now, he cannot have iron in his formula. So we are going with the Parents Choice NO Iron formula. My family DR told me the no name is almost the exact same as the name brand.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I used PC brand formula in the cans all throughout the 1st year of my youngest son's life...with no probs at all. I happen to like a lot of the PC products overall.

I use Parents Choice formula on my almost 6 month old twins and they have no problems with it....they had more digestive issues with the Isomil (Similac) that I was giving them before. They are spitting up less and are more content after the feeds. Good Luck!

Administrator Site Admin

The form that I have actually says right on it that they do NOT recommend the PC brand for infants under 6 months because it is so hard to digest.

The PC brand with the omega's is not included in that advisory so I assume that it's fine for younger babies.

I think it's probably just more so for those babies who have trouble digesting formula in general it wouldn't be a good choice.
    Leslie

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I always bought the PC brand with the Omega 369 in it. No probs and price good Similac made him puke all over all the time! I found it had a major smell to it too!

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
    The form that I have actually says right on it that they do NOT recommend the PC brand for infants under 6 months because it is so hard to digest.

The PC brand with the omega's is not included in that advisory so I assume that it's fine for younger babies.

I think it's probably just more so for those babies who have trouble digesting formula in general it wouldn't be a good choice.
    Do you mean president's choice or parent's choice....?
    Becky Mom to X and C

Administrator Site Admin

Sorry! I meant the President's Choice kind!
    Leslie

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
    Sorry! I meant the President's Choice kind!
    Ohh Good!! I had started to worry when you said pc....I figured you meant President's Choice but I just wanted to confirm
    Becky Mom to X and C