Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Mama's Got Swag: STEEPED TEA

Steeped Tea

Although I've been a tea drinker for over a decade, I am still new to the world of loose tea leaves. When Jessica approached me about her new business selling Steeped Tea, I was intrigued. I began with a Black Tea Sampler (since I like caffeine!) which included 6 small bags of tea leaves, a tea ball and a handy little spoon that measures the right amount of leaves for the perfect cup of tea - everything you need to get started!

Although all 6 flavours were delicious in their own way, my absolute favourites were After Eight and my classic choice, Chai. After Eight (like the chocolate) is a blend of chocolate and mint. While it's not quite the same as biting into a chocolate covered mint, it's about as close to it as you could get in a tea. With a splash of milk, it's devine. I find myself craving this tea, thinking about it, counting down the hours between my breakfast cup of tea and my afternoon pick-me-up cup of tea. I even had to limit myself to only drinking it once every couple of days to make sure the other teas had a fair chance at being tasted. Oh, it is good.
    It wasn't long before I was messaging Jessica for another order. This time, along with large bags of Chocolate Mint and Chai, I asked her to recommend her two favourites from the green and white leaf lines. She chose Mango Delight (a green tea) and Superior Toffee Dream (a white tea). The health benefits of white and green tea have been all over the news lately and I wanted to get a taste of them!

Toffee Dream is perfectly named, since it is quite a dream to drink. So smooth and lovely. I prefer it with a splash of milk still, but for the maximum health benefits you are supposed to drink it without. Fortunately, it tastes great either way. I make myself a cup in the morning and use the same tea leaves again and again throughout the day. Delish!

The Mango Delight scared me a little bit as I am not generally a fan of either fruity teas or green teas. I was pleasantly surprised! The mango is not overpowering, nor is the green-tea flavour. Like the white tea, these leaves can be used more than once and give just enough of the flavour to tease your taste buds without being overpowering. The more you use the tea leaves, the less caffeine is in it, much to the delight of my four year old and two year old who love this tea and are over the moon when I make them their own cup.
    The Steeped Tea catalogue boasts dozens of flavours of black, green, white, rooibos, and herbal teas from traditional English Breakfast (black) and Peppy Peppermint (herbal) to non-traditional Pomegranate (white) and Apple Crumble (black). They also have a wide range of tea pots, infusers, recipes, treats, and tea-based beauty products to fulfill all of your loose tea needs and wants.

If you are new to the loose tea world, I highly recommend getting started with one of the Tea Sampler Packs (Green Tea, Rooibos, Black Tea, Herbal and Fruit Tea, or a mix of them all in the Steeped Tea Sampler), which comes with the tea ball and measuring spoon. Loose tea and accessories also make a great gift for any occasion. Jessica is also available to help you host a Steeped Tea Party where you and your friends can sample a variety of the delicious teas and you benefit from the perks of being a Host/ess with discounts and half-priced items.

Have a look at the website Steeped Tea | Enjoy The Company Of Friends And Family With A Warm Cup Of Steeped Tea and catalogue http://www.steepedtea.com/pages/catalogue/catalogue%202011/Layout%201.html and then contact xojessica via private message in the forum or at jessicasmithbng@yahoo.ca to place your order, set up a Tea Party, discuss becoming a consultant yourself or to ask any other questions you may have. She also has a facebook group! Welcome to Facebook Be sure to keep an eye on the Business Mama's section of the forum for deals and specials on Steeped Tea products.

Excited about tea? Want to try some out for yourself? Send an email to jill@londonmoms.ca by SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2010 with STEEPED TEA in the subject line. The emails will be numbered and a random number generator will select one lucky winner to recieve a free Steeped Tea Sampler Pack from Steeped Tea, a $28.95 value.

If you would like a product or service reviewed by the Swag Mama’s, send us an email at jill@londonmoms.ca or stephanie@londonmoms.ca
    Last edited by AuntPetunia; 09-03-2010 at 07:14 PM.

Banned

ohhh I've always wanted to try steeped tea

Another great review turtle

that was an awesome review!
    Tiffany
    Mom to Ben, Jonathan and Zachary

Expert Forum User

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Candace~ Christ-clinging, babywearing, tiedying, barefoot, nature loving, crunchy mamma of three~

Expert Forum User

I can almost taste the After Eight one now . . . .yummm!
    Mama of two little beauties and one handsome little man!
    Diaper cakes and more: http://www.abcgiftboutique.ca

Hmmmm!! Wondering if it was just me but none of the links worked? Can someone else check them and let me know, thanks so much.

Mmmm.... I have places like 3 or 4 orders with her and its all been GOOD!

I haven't ordered any, but I've had the Chai and the Creme Carmello....both delicious!

I think I fixed the links! Looks like they just updated with the 2011 catalogue between writing the review and posting it. What are the odds?

Contest ends very soon!

Congratulations Shelbymama!! Enjoy your tea!

Expert Forum User

Yay Shelbymama! We'll make some plans to get together very soon!

I can't believe I missed this thread. I thought it was just on the main LM page. I'm so far behind on here lately.

Thanks for the great review turtle! xo
    XO
    Jessica

Independant Passion Party Consultant
    Join my group on Facebook

Brrrr...... This snow makes me want to sip tea all day.

http://forum.londonmoms.ca/78932-lon...days-christmas