Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default I played tennis tonight hahaha!

Holy smokes! My family and I headed out this evening (we're @ our trailer atm) and went to this huge park/conservation area nearby. DH and I played tennis (I have not played since I was a kid or at very least, a teen). I wooped his butt lol! He used to play tennis in college apparently too hahaha! I wanted to keep playing and he was huffing and puffing saying he'd had enough so I then played alone by hitting the balls against the board in the courts several times. I had a lot of fun and it was an awesome workout as well. I didn't let the fact I have Rheumatoid Arthritis get in the way either. I figured I'm already in constant pain, what's a bit more pain to contend with lol. It felt darn good too! I think I've found a sport I really like and who knows maybe if I play often enough, I will get in shape from it as well! I'm sure I'll be majorly hurting and aching from head to toe come the a.m but it was fun while I did it! The kids seemed to enjoy themselves out there too (didn't really play tennis. more threw other balls around but my oldest son and I did kind of hit a ball back and forth to eachother for a bit as well).
    Last edited by 2boysmom; 08-31-2010 at 09:21 PM.

Expert Forum User

That is awesome! I love tennis but havent played in years! Im glad you guys had a good time!!!

Candace~ Christ-clinging, babywearing, tiedying, barefoot, nature loving, crunchy mamma of three~

good for you.. and from what i've been told about Arthritis.. exercise is excellent for it..

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    good for you.. and from what i've been told about Arthritis.. exercise is excellent for it..
    It is so very true! Exercise is one of the best things a person can do to manage the pain and inflammation that occurs because of it. I've made up my mind that due to this diagnosis, I no longer have an option but to get more active and get in even more exercise than I had been. My type of arthritis is not caused from inactivitiy but being as active as I am able to be, despite my condition, will help to a certain extent I am sure I actually REALLY loved the tennis. We probably looked right silly out there missing the ball several times and running after it and what not but I didn't care. I was having far too much fun to care. We've also been adding in walking and hikes, etc. I need my whole family on board with the exercise thing because it helps motivate me
    Last edited by 2boysmom; 08-31-2010 at 09:27 PM.