Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Mama's Got Swag: RUBY DREAMZ

Ruby Dreamz

When I had my second child I thought I had everything I could possibly need for him. I had had fun shopping for clothes of course and since my first had been a girl I needed a lot in this department, but as for baby supplies I thought I had most of it under control. I soon discovered, though, that I was seriously lacking in the blanket department. Or rather, I did not seem to have the perfect fit for what I wanted in the blanket department! I had those thin receiving blankets which, while great for spit up, I did not find useful for much else. I had heavier quilts and crib comforters, but these were too much for just the everyday. I wanted something in between. Something I could grab quick to place under my baby if I had to set him down, but also something soft and warm that I could change him on and put over him to keep him warm. It had to be something of decent quality because I had a bit of a messy baby on my hands and frequent washing was inevitable. However, I think even more than all of that I wanted something that suited our style in pattern because I was so sick of all the little cutesy bears and baby bottle/booties designs. I was at a loss.

Then somehow, right out of nowhere came a local mom starting up her own business, Ruby Dreamz, making just what I needed. Tanya , a stay at home mother of 5 had a vision for my dream blankets. Her first products were her receiving blankets. These were the perfect, every day blanket in my opinion. They are approximately 40 inches by 40 inches, so not too big, but big enough for all my under, over and swaddled up needs. She uses two sides of high quality flannel so they are definitely soft and warm, but not so warm that I worry about my baby getting too hot. But best of all , at least for those like me who are a little bit picky, she has a wide variety of fabrics to choose from and can even make a custom order. Perfect! I wanted jungle theme, but it could not be white or light because we are messy, and I also love frogs. My baby soon found himself to be the proud owner of two of Tanya’s blankets. A frog one to suit mommy’s likes and a jungle one with bright colours and black to suit our inability to keep whites white. She definitely hit our requests right on the mark.

Next thing I knew, Tanya was making a new style of blanket - a fleece tie blanket. Of course, already loving the receiving blanket style I just had to have one of these, too. This time I gave it to my older daughter because she was feeling a bit left out of the Tanya’s Blanket Club. She loves it! It is so soft, snugly and warm. She rarely goes away for a night without taking it and in fact you will often find it in every location of our house because it is a cuddling favourite Tanya once again hit the mark with taking custom orders and suiting our needs perfectly. The blanket is a design we love, is perfect for our blankie needs and best of all has stood up to probably even more washes than any other blanket in my house and still looks great. Success!

Recently, I have discovered that Tanya has once again broadened her horizons and has taken on the new venture of rag quilts. I, personally, have not gotten the chance to try one of these out myself just yet, but they are definitely on my must-haves list. I’m thinking Christmas sounds about perfect timing for the gift of a childhood blanket they will treasure into adulthood.
    ~ KM

~~~~~~

I recieved my Ruby Dreamz receiving blanket just this past week. It begged to be cuddled with: from the soft feel, to the beautiful print and even in the way it was folded just so, showcasing the double-sided loveliness. The fabric was custom selected specifically for my son and suits him perfectly. It washed up well and in no time was laid out on the floor for my baby to roll around on while he played. Unfortunately, that didn’t last long! As soon as my son rolled off of it, my older daughters snatched it up and began wrapping themselves in it, laying it across the couch and table as a tent, and lovingly tucking their own babies into bed under the new blanket. Fortunately, I was able to steal it back in time for afternoon nap. It was light enough to be tucked around him in a single layer, but big enough to be doubled up for when it gets cooler.

I adore this blanket. Tanya has created a quality product that is both functional and adorable. Great as both a gift and a staple in your own collection of supplies for your child. A perfect lovey at any age.
    ~ t

If you would like to see pictures of some of Tanya’s beautiful Ruby Dreamz creations you can check them out on facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi…9293874&ref=ts
    Her pricing is very reasonable and includes a generous discount for those in our Mom Perks program (get in there if you are not already).

Receiving blankets $25 ($20 for Mom Perks)
    Tie blankets $40 ($30 for Mom Perks)
    Quilts $60 ($55 for Mom Perks)

You can find out more about ordering or doing a custom order by private messaging Tan5Kids in the forum or emailing her at rubydreamz@live.com Bookmark her blog, which will be up and running soon http://rubydreamz1.blogspot.com/

Are you convinced yet? Want to join the Ruby Dreamz Fan Club? Well, here is your chance to win yourself a bit of swag. Send an email to Jill@londonmoms.ca with RUBYDREAMZ in the subject line. The emails will be numbered and on SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2010 a random number generator will select one lucky reader to win a Ruby Dreamz receiving blanket. Good luck! And happy snuggling.

If you would like a product or service reviewed by the Swag Mama’s, send us an email at jill@londonmoms.ca or stephanie@londonmoms.ca
    Last edited by AuntPetunia; 08-30-2010 at 10:46 AM.

Don't forget to send your email to win the blanket!

Bumping again! You have until Sunday to send in your email for this draw, but we've got another one coming tomorrow so do it now!

Tan's blankets are awesome!

(Bump!)

Last day to get your email's in! Winner will be announced tomorrow!

Banned

geesh, show me some love people

I know you too want a blankie

The contest ends very soon!

Congratulations Metamorphasis!! Enjoy your blanket!

Oh she's lucky!

Ohh.....lucky you! Congratualtions!
    "Anything is better than lies and deceit". Leo Tolstoy

Lucky you!

Lucky indeed - thanks!!! I'm excited. My BF is having her first child in November and she is going to love this awesome blanket

Banned

Sure is nice to swaddle babies up tightly this time of year!

http://forum.londonmoms.ca/78932-lon...days-christmas