Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Getting baby's ears pierced...

Any suggestions on where to go to get my daughter's ears pierced? She is just over 3 months old. I've heard good things about Visage in Westmount mall. any other suggestions?

Expert Forum User

I've heard Visage was good, too - have fun!

Expert Forum User

There are several threads on this - just search "piercing" and they will come up. I had DD's done at Visage in White Oaks and was happy. I highly suggest putting the Emlan cream on ahead of time. Good luck!

Expert Forum User

What is this Emlan cream you speak of, barmybee? And where do I get it?? I'd like to pierce Clair's ears (but have seen other threads and didn't want to start anything...)

Expert Forum User

It freezes their little ears so it doens't hurt. Visage will put it on half an hour ahead of your appt for you if you go early. Make sure she is asleep though or they will rub it off. You can also ask for it at any drug store - behind the counter. I have some - I can give you some if you want. If you have any other questions just let me know.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by thebarmybee View Post
    There are several threads on this - just search "piercing" and they will come up. I had DD's done at Visage in White Oaks and was happy. I highly suggest putting the Emlan cream on ahead of time. Good luck!
    ??? Visage in White Oaks??? I have never seen them there.
    We had DD done at WEstmount Mall 4 weeks ago at Carol Baker Visage- still putting on the antiseptic solution. They did a wonderful job, the earrings to choose from were excellent. DD didn't even flinch. The girls were suprized by that...but they did an awesome job. I wold highly recomment them. Deanna and Jen did our piercing
    I believe it is Emla Cream- we use it at the hospital before needle picking. It is a topical anesthetic...does take a bit of time to be effective though. I think you can get it at a drug store.
    Last edited by Sleepless in London; 12-02-2007 at 09:37 PM.

Expert Forum User

barmybee - I'd love to borrow some (well, not borrow - have, I guess), as I plan to get Clair's ears pierced on Tues or Wed. See you tomorrow, maybe?

we got one down in white oaks by the food court (can't remember the name) and the other we got done at masonville place beside the money exchange place.

orajel works for numbing the earlobes if you have that laying around.
    Mom of 2 and 2

Expert Forum User

Yes... it was Faces not Visage. Sorry. Thanks for clarifying.

Yep we went to Clairs and they are NOT very good, and my daughter was 4 years old at the time!

Quote Originally Posted by mommy 123 View Post
    Yep we went to Clairs and they are NOT very good, and my daughter was 4 years old at the time!
    just wondering what claire's you went to. i am/was the manager at an icing by claire's and i am sooo unbelievably strict and thorough when training my staff on ear piercings. i know a lot of people who have gotten then children's ears pierced when they are young, but personally i wouldn't do it.

if you do choose to, PLEASE don't get it done both ears at the same time! a lot of things can go wrong!!!!

Expert Forum User

I had Violet's done at Visage at westmount and they did a super good job! She was 2 months old.

Expert Forum User

I agree.... Visage at Westmount Mall is the place to go! They were excellent with my daughter who was 3 months old at the time.

Expert Forum User

Well, I'm convinced - Visage at Westmount for Clair! Hope you find a place, momstheword.

Not sure of the ladie's name at Westmount Visage who did my oldest daughter's ears...tall, short blond hair. FANTASTIC!

But be sure to call ahead so they have two people on hand, they will only do the little ones with two staffers available so they can do both ears at once. Since we did DD#2's ears on the fly, we couldn't go there as they didn't have two certified people that night. We ended up going to Westmount People's, they were alright, but not as good as Visage.

Have fun Mama's!!!
    ~LBG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast