Expert Forum User

Default blackberry help, please

Any blackberry users here?

My email messages are not staying on my handheld...it rings to tell me there is a message but then -- LIKE MAGIC -- it is gone, can't find or open any message. I have found that if I happen to have my Outlook closed at the office then the messages stay on the phone & don't disappear.

If Outlook is open though I get a notifier but no message. This only started happening about a month ago.

Any tips? Thanks!!!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Lightbulb

Hi there:
    According to my husband who works in the computer field and uses a BB all day long at work, your Outlook settings download your messages from the mail server and then delete them. So, what is happening is that you can see your messages on the BB until Outlook erases them. Change your settings so that a copy of the message is left on the Mail Server or just use your mail providers online offering (if it is any good).

Here are the Directions for Outlook Express: (outlook is similar)
    - Open Outlook Express
    - Click, Menu Tools, Accounts
    - Click Mail tab
    - Highlight your mail account for BB and Click Properties button on Right
    - Click Advanced tab
    - (Under Delivery)
    - Mark Check Box Leave a Copy of Messages on Server
    - Adjust # of Days to leave on server and/or Delete when I move message to Deleted Folder options to suit your preferences
    - Click OK, Close and your done.

Expert Forum User

Thank you!!! Ok, I did this & the msgs do stay on the BB now...but now I get two copies to outlook of every email...wierd.

I'll keep at it...but really appreciate the help! Tell DH thanks.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Your very welcome. If you have any further problems, just post them here and I'll ask him what you can do about a problem, etc and I'll post back. I can ask him why you are getting the 2 msgs when he gets home from work later too, if you'd like?

Expert Forum User

"Re: I can ask him why you are getting the 2 msgs when he gets home from work later too, if you'd like?"

THanks!! It looks like when Outlook searches for new messages there are two accounts there. One is a pop.broadband.mail (default) and the other just says Rogers Yahoo Mail...maybe I don't need both? I have no idea how/why it is setup like this...