Thread: Stressed

sarabrydges

Default Stressed

Sorry had to edit

I PM'd you.....

I can relate. I've gotten up in the middle of the night to clean the house. I set my alarm clock on weekends so I have an hour before my LO gets up and all I can tell you is that I work full time and that's my quiet time. There is a support group in London for single moms. They meet on the first Monday of every month I believe. I'm going on the 5th to check it out as I haven't gone yet They are called SWIM (single women in motherhood) They meet at St.Joes Here's the link
    http://www.freewebs.com/swim/frame_menu.htm
    It does get easier. You will find you get used to a little mess, caos and lack of sleep.
    also when someone offers to help out take the help. I know it makes you feel guilty but you need to take time for yourself so that you don't go crazy on your LO's. If there is anythin I can do to help let me know.

Your not alone, we all feel like this from time to time. I'm a single mommy have basically been since DS #1 was born 2yrs ago and became completly alone when I found out my ex cheated for the last time in June 2006 and I was 10weeks pregnant. I now have my DS#2 home and he is 7days old.

Being a single mommy is the hardest thing you'll ever have to do and like you I don't have family to help me out. I have "quiet time" from 1-2 or so and I lay on the couch with the newborn and my 2yr son lays on the floor with a couple toys and watches TV. This way I get some time to recharge and he gets some time to settle.

I feel like you that I should be doing something and I also don't go to bed till about 11-12 depending and up through out the night for feedings and up at 7 or so to start the day. I keep telling myself it has to get easier.

As for the resentment of the EX still going through that but I keep reminding myself that when my boys get older they'll no who was there for them throughout their lives. I get all the rewards, all the hugs, all the kisses and all the I love yous not him and that makes up for all the pain I feel.

If you ever need anyone to talk to just PM me. Remember your not alone and it has to get better

sarabrydges

Thanks so much for your words of support ladies. They really do help.

Vero

Sara, you have beautiful kids, I have friends that have tried to get pregnant for years, so when I think about their pain I am more thankful about the entire job I have and some temper tantrums.
    My best friend grow up without dad and she is one of the smartest and devoted person to her mom, she always told me I met when I was a girl the men that my mom said is my dad but I never cared about him.

I can just tell you I will pray for you and your girls.
    Take care