Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windsor

Expert Forum User

Default Windsor

Hi All, it is such a small world, I was just wondering if there was anyone else on here that grew up in Windsor?

Expert Forum User

I didn't grow up in Windsor but I went to University there!

Not in Windsor itself but outside of it...Woodslee! I was born at Met hospital and went to St. Clair and my parents live in Windsor now. In fact we just moved from Belle River to Woodstock back in April...this is the farthest that I've been from 'home' in my life! It's been a huge adjustment for all of us but we love actually 'being' Canadian and not living on a border city where all our TV and radio is out of Detroit! Oh and the atmosphere is nicer here...fresher air too! No more stinky west-side smog!
    Mom to 4 kiddies
    DD(9 yrs) & DS#1(6 yrs) & DS#2(4 yrs)
    & DD#2(1 yr)

Expert Forum User

I grew up in South Windsor and then moved to Tecumseh. I went to St. Annes and then Belle River.

I actually knew a Dawn Marie in Tecumseh years ago.

Hey, I went to Belle River DHS. What years would've you been there? I was there from 95 to 2000 and my sister was there from 86 to 91. My MIL was there too but that was back in the 70's.
    Last edited by myhoneybees; 11-23-2007 at 12:02 PM.
    Mom to 4 kiddies
    & DD#2(1 yr)

Expert Forum User

I grew up in Chatham. I lived in Windsor for 4 years for University!

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by myhoneybees View Post
    Hey, I went to Belle River DHS. What years would've you been there? I was there from 95 to 2000 and my sister was there from 86 to 91. My MIL was there too but that was back in the 70's.
    Ok time to admit the age thingy now LOL. I graduated in 83. A little before the T. Domi years.

Did they still have the "BOX" when you were there? They built it when I was going there and we protested and walked out one day. Talk about an issue!

Expert Forum User

I dont know how to multi post, I went to UofW too, it seems like there are a few on here that did.

DH went to Western, talk about a rivalry............I am sure we have confused DD, at one point we had her wearing a UofW T-shirt with a UWO bib. LOL

LOL Never heard of the 'Box'. When I was there the place was a wreck as they were building the addition on the back. My sister was there while Tie Domi was there...went to grade school with the guy too...turned out he got into as many fights then as he does on the ice now!
    Mom to 4 kiddies
    & DD#2(1 yr)

Hey 2xmom, I grew up in Chatham too! What highschool did you go to?

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by myhoneybees View Post
    LOL Never heard of the 'Box'. When I was there the place was a wreck as they were building the addition on the back. My sister was there while Tie Domi was there...went to grade school with the guy too...turned out he got into as many fights then as he does on the ice now!
    The box, was the thing they build in the main office, where they made people sit when they were in trouble............instead of suspending people they would make them sit in it for a day or so.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Kay-Kay View Post
    Hey 2xmom, I grew up in Chatham too! What highschool did you go to?
    "The Pines".... I graduated in 1997... or 1998?..... That's horrible, I can't remember! LOL! I went back another semester after I graduated to take a few more OAC's. What highschool did you go to?

I lived in Windsor most of my life, and in Tecumseh too. I went to Brennan one year and St. Anne's for the rest of my high school life (graduated 1993). I also went to the university too.

Funny thing is, this is my third time living in London. The first time I moved because I was engaged to a guy (that didn't work out); second time was for Fanshawe College. And when I vowed I'd never come back (I am a Windsorite at heart, I admit), my DH gets accepted for graduate studies at UWO. So now we are stationed here for the next few years until he gets his PhD.

Are most of your families back in Windsor? We find it a bit of a challenge not to have family here (especially for instant babysitters. ) but we try to visit at least once a month so my parents can see my DD.

We're actually going this weekend too. It's great that it's only a two hour drive away. I would miss home terribly.

Well, I do have an uncle who lives in Lambeth, but I don't know him too well. Both my parents and dh's parents and family live in Windsor or around it...so there's lots of driving...not looking forward to Christmas!
    Mom to 4 kiddies
    & DD#2(1 yr)

Expert Forum User

Yeah, we don't have family that lives in London either. I too find it challenging to find a good baby-sitter. My family lives in Chatham, and my in-laws live in Woodstock. So, they're not that far away either though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast