Expert Forum User

Default Should I challange him more?

DS has a few woodend peg puzzles, the ones with the photo under where the piece goes.
    He dumps them and finishes them in under a minute. They seem to be easy for him.
    He also gets really excited each time he finishes a puzzle.
    If I get the more diffiuclt puzzles without the matching aspect I'm worried he'll have more trouble and no longer enjoy puzzles. Should I give him more of a challange or just let him enjoy his excitment.
    A by the book mama to a completley healthy DD Dec.2002 and doing it all different, BWng, CDing, BLWing, crunchy mama to an equally healthy DS Nov.2008 apparently a cosleeping mama DS Aug. 2011

Banned

I would get some without the pictures, but keep the picture ones out for him also. Then if he gets frustrated with the new ones, he still has the old ones to play with, kwim?

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by mum_of_four View Post
    I would get some without the pictures, but keep the picture ones out for him also. Then if he gets frustrated with the new ones, he still has the old ones to play with, kwim?
    Lol D'OH makes sense. Think I need a nap as it didn't even occur to me.
    A by the book mama to a completley healthy DD Dec.2002 and doing it all different, BWng, CDing, BLWing, crunchy mama to an equally healthy DS Nov.2008 apparently a cosleeping mama DS Aug. 2011

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I agree. And even get some of the 12 piece jigsaw style to work on together, or the 'frame' style puzzles from olden days.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Expert Forum User

Yep, get him a variety of resources (ie, puzzles of different levels, including his current ones), and let him pick which ones he wants to play with.
    formerly Kathy

we started ds with wooden peg style puzzles, and then 2 piece jigsaw type puzzles. now we're up to 6 pc puzzles. he still likes his peg style puzzles once in a while though. i rotate his puzzles so he doesnt have access to all of them all the time (this keeps him interested and keeps the clutter down).