Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default It's going to snow!

Hi,
    The weather forecast says that it will snow tonight and we should have 10cms tomorrow!! I know for some this will not be good news but my girls are going to be soooo excited. Winter is their favourite season and they are itching to play out in the snow. They keep asking me 'is it winter yet?'. This is the time of year I really enjoy snow too so I am looking forward to it.

Ok, I am ducking out in case anyone is thinking of throwing a snowball my way
    Mom of 2 girls, unschooler, feminist, runner and just general lover of life.

Need a doula or prenatal classes? www.babeezeinarms.com

"Me thinks that the moment my legs began to move, my thoughts began to flow."
    - Henry David Thoreau

"
    Children are not our own art products to be turned out well, but their own life work in continual process. -Jan Fortune Wood"

10 CMS holy smokes... anything is better than this wretched rain!! I'd rather snow.

Our guys at work are now frantically trying to get all the plows on their trucks. Just in case! They always wait until the last minute. Snow!!! Malcolm will be so excited!!
    Lori, Momma to Malcolm and Ben

girlsmum

Guess I better figure out how to get some small boots for these twins of mine, I hardly get to go out at all but maybe I can get over to Westmount real quick tonight.

Thanks for the heads up!

Expert Forum User

I guess I should have bought those boots I saw last night at Real Canadian Superstore, oh well. Maybe I'll get there tonight. As far as snow goes, yeah, I don't want it. I think it will be interesting to see how DD reacts with the snow, last year she was too little to really care about it.

Man..... my lawn is full of leaves, what a mess that will be to try and rake when I get a chance. If I don't get a chance ...will the grass die underneath, anyone know?
    Mom to the Desmanian Devil ( May 05 )

Hahaha ... rake leaves? wha? oh.... maybe I shoulda done that :S

aveymom

I Am STOKED!!!!!!!
    LOVE the snow and cant wait to put Waves winter gear on. She already has her sled out (in the living room) and I hope she can use it tomorrow!!!

StacyLyn

Expert Forum User

haha, guess I left it too late for boots for DD too! I bet there will be a rush to the stores tonight hehe!
    Mum to Alyssa (born April 30, 2005)

Quote Originally Posted by cari View Post
    Man..... my lawn is full of leaves, what a mess that will be to try and rake when I get a chance. If I don't get a chance ...will the grass die underneath, anyone know?

I am sure the snow will melt and you will get a chance to rake the leaves. We raked a bunch last week because I was afraid of the snow coming but if you look at my lawn now you would never know - the leaves are falling very slowly this year and now my lawn is covered again. I love all my trees but...

You will want to get the leaves up off the grass if you have a lot - it will smother the grass and can create mold problems as well. If you don't have a ton it won't be that big of an issue.
    Mom of 2 girls, unschooler, feminist, runner and just general lover of life.

Need a doula or prenatal classes? www.babeezeinarms.com

"Me thinks that the moment my legs began to move, my thoughts began to flow."
    - Henry David Thoreau

"
    Children are not our own art products to be turned out well, but their own life work in continual process. -Jan Fortune Wood"

Expert Forum User

better stick those snowballs in the feezer...I heard we'll be back to rain by Monday. Sorry Amy.
    Please always show kindness in your posts as the person receiving it may need it more than you will ever know.

SAHM to two boys, 13 and 7.

Expert Forum User

And that's if for this year.... right?

Sydney will be so excited but as usually Mommy is not prepared. We at least have their snow suits but no boots....I guess I will be running out to do that tonight!

i think it said upwards of 5-10cm on the news last night.

I am kinda actually looking forward to snow. Matthew LOVED it last year, and I'm hoping Nathan will dig it this year too! he was born in jan.. so he didn't care so much. lol

darnit... rain rain go away

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast