Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Ribbon Swap for hair clips

Hye ladies!

O after a long period of debating rather I was crafty enough I have finally decided to follow the lead of others and start making Kaitlyn's hair "pretties" too. I noticed in the other thread people had mentioned maybe seeing what each other had and trading. I thought why not start a thread dedicated entirely to hat concept. Please post what you have to trade (include pictures if you have them)... as well as what you are looking for. Maybe we can help each other out a bit. Or if you if you have certain spools that you are just done with and want to be rid of you could state what you would like for them if you do not want to trade them off by the piece.

OK so I will start! So far I only have my light purple ribbon ... but on Wednesday I am picking up the following as well...

- white with christmas lights
    - white with green clovers (st.Paddy's day)
    - white with easter eggs
    - purple with white stars
    - pink with purple hearts
    -pink with red hearts

Sinec I am starting out.. I am looking for anything However I really need to find red with black dots... and I would even like to just know where to buy it since i think I will need a lot of this one.
    Help my Kaitlyn reach her goal of selling 100 boxes of Chocolate Mint Girl Guide cookies. $5 each and we dliver. PM me

http://dawnfitzgerald.myepicure.com/
    But message me directly to order or book and I can get you a special LM deal

Expert Forum User

Okay.. I couldn't possibly list how many ribbons I have... but I am more than willing to get together with the ladies who want to learn how to make bows and such. I do travel well into London I will anyway.
    ~ Annie ~
    Mom to 4 (B24, G23, G19, G9)

My Blog: It's just my life...
    Follow me on Twitter: @anniecannie

Expert Forum User

Not sure if you've seen them, but I personally like Dollarama ribbon for hair clips. They come in packs of 4 rolls. I think the patterns and colours are quite nice.

- white with christmas lights

Where did you find this? how wide is it?? what kind of ribbon?
    Mom of 2 and 2

It is thin.... I think 3/8... I found it at Micheals where the scrapbooking ribbons are. I think it is only $1.50... but a much smaller spool than the regualr ones. They also have a tonne of Christmass ones for $3.49 in various widths.

Which Dollarama??? I tried one last week and they only had single spools... and not many at that. I woul dbe interested in checking them out since I woul dlike to build a good selection of bows for Kaitlyn.
    Help my Kaitlyn reach her goal of selling 100 boxes of Chocolate Mint Girl Guide cookies. $5 each and we dliver. PM me

Dawn, I have the white with Christmas lights, purple with white stars and the pink with darker pink hearts that you are thinking of buying, so if you'd rather, just let me know how much you want and I'll get it to you.
    I'll list everything I have when I have a little more time. Just wanted to let you know I have those three so there's no need for you to buy them.
    Mom to Ali (3) & Eva (1)

Thanks Jocelyn! What do you not have that I could maybe get and give to you?? others I was going to buy were... brown with fall leaves, orange that says Happy Halloween, pink with red hearts, white with carrots... and a variety of the Christmas ones that are on the $3.49 spools. Or are there any colours you do not have yet as I am planning on one spool of each colour to accomodate the bugs and trees, and penguins etc.

I'd love to do a bow making get-together/lesson/ ribbon swap!!! Please let me know if this is going to happen

Maybe we could book a room in a library like the scrapbooking mamas did?
    Heather.

Push button. Receive bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn'sMommy View Post
    Thanks Jocelyn! What do you not have that I could maybe get and give to you?? others I was going to buy were... brown with fall leaves, orange that says Happy Halloween, pink with red hearts, white with carrots... and a variety of the Christmas ones that are on the $3.49 spools. Or are there any colours you do not have yet as I am planning on one spool of each colour to accomodate the bugs and trees, and penguins etc.
    No problem, Dawny baby! Just buy what you want to buy then one day soon we'll get together with our ribbons and do a mini swap.
    Mom to Ali (3) & Eva (1)

Quote Originally Posted by bikruca View Post
    I'd love to do a bow making get-together/lesson/ ribbon swap!!! Please let me know if this is going to happen

Maybe we could book a room in a library like the scrapbooking mamas did?
    Sounds like fun! Of course Ali already has more bows than she's ever gonna' wear.
    By the way, has anyone seen the little crochet flowers that the 'Ladybugs and Lullabies' lady uses in a store anywhere? I'd like to find a few little embellishments to use that aren't too horrifically tacky :?
    Mom to Ali (3) & Eva (1)

Quote Originally Posted by ali's*mum View Post
    Sounds like fun! Of course Ali already has more bows than she's ever gonna' wear.
    By the way, has anyone seen the little crochet flowers that the 'Ladybugs and Lullabies' lady uses in a store anywhere? I'd like to find a few little embellishments to use that aren't too horrifically tacky :?
    I'm with you on the challenge to find embellishments that are not too tacky. I have been EVERYWHERE looking for stuff. I have bought the little flowers you are talking about, they are from Michaels (altleast that's where I got them). They are in packages of buttons with a bunch of other stuff you wouldn't want to use on the barrettes. You only get a couple in the package along with a variety of other stuff (different shaped plastic stuff and buttons). I think they are about $3.50 for a package. I'd LOVE to know if anyone has another source for these, it seems like such a waste to buy all this other stuff I don't want. Anyone crochet??? Wanna make me a bunch??!!

If anyone happens to see 5/8 inch or 7/8 inch Christmas ribbon (washable...grosgrain) Please let me know

I'm doing custom jeans, skirts, dresses for my girls and can't seem to find Christmas print.
    Mom of 2 and 2

Quote Originally Posted by momof2and2 View Post
    If anyone happens to see 5/8 inch or 7/8 inch Christmas ribbon (washable...grosgrain) Please let me know

I'm doing custom jeans, skirts, dresses for my girls and can't seem to find Christmas print.
    I am certain that hey had that at Micheals. Serious there were tonnes of Christmas ones in various widths... I just did not pay a lot of attention to the wider stuf. I am going there today though and will try to get a better idea for you

Expert Forum User

I bought the ribbon at Sherwood Forest Mall Dollarama. They had quite a few colour packs- pink, green, purple, and a couple others that I can't recall. There isn't a ton on a roll, but still very cute for your personal stash.

hmm... that is where I was... Imust have missed it. Iw ill check again on Monday when dd goes to preschool again I guess.

And Donna... they had a tonne of different Christmas ribbon in that width at Micheals. I was at the one by Masonville... and it was all $3.49 a roll. There were so many to choose from from christmas light to gingerbread men to snowmen.. to candy canes or christmas trees. even mittens. You would really have to check them out yourself, but I thought I would share that there was a lot to choose from.

Oh and it is at the end of a random isle not really with the scrapbook stuff like the other ribbon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast