Expert Forum User

Question Anyone have an iPod Touch?

I have the opportunity to get one, but uncertain. I am not much into music, and have a MP3 player anyway. A coworker said it would be great as my daytimer---which currently is huge, weighs about 2lbs and I have had since university and is my lifeline. It goes with me everywhere.

What do you like about yours? What don't you like? Should I save my money?
    ~Cheryl~
    cherylb.acndirect.com

Expert Forum User

I was given one as a gift a couple of years ago. I love love love it. But I listen to a lot of music. I would have been happy with my little ipod or whatever...but once I had the iPod touch, it was nice!

Mine is literally crammed full to the memory limit. I have tons of music on there, and a bunch of audiobooks that i listen to when i'm walking or lying in bed. I also get Podcasts which are like little radio shows, I guess?

In terms of using as a dayplanner, I don't know....I don't use it for that, really. It has the calendar and everything. But for some reason, I need *paper* for keeping schedules and appts. I dont' know why---old habit I guess? I do use it to make notes on a 'to do' list or that sort of thing.

I dont find it super-convenient for typing. you have to touch the screen one letter at a time...small little buttons which is a bit of a pain (IMO). but some people use the iPhone with different apps and use it for dayplanner/organizer. just personal preference i guess? it could definitely work.
    "My mind is going a mile an hour."

Expert Forum User

Thank you for your feedback! Rep to you!
    Anyone else?
    ~Cheryl~
    cherylb.acndirect.com

I only used ours for music. i found the wifi pretty convenient when in toronto with yale. updates on his health were pretty easy, and could access the internet when the resource center was closed.

I now use my phone (xperia x10) that has a digital calendar for my day planner and I'll never go back! you get used to the little keypad but its not like a computer obviously... And the apps will make it worth it!
    Yale 4yr old
    Kane 1yr old
    and baby makes 3!!! Errr... 4!

Expert Forum User

I love my iPod touch, but for some reason I never use the calendar on it. I guess I prefer to use my date book in my purse or the one on the fridge. I love taking it everywhere with me as I have a lot of apps for DD to play with.

Expert Forum User

I don't even use mine for music, I use my Ipod Nano for music and I use the touch for everything else. It's great for a daily planner, address book, checking e-mail and stuff on the go (where their is wifi), checking the weather, getting directions. I download tons of apps to keep my DSD and DS busy in the car. I watch YouTube videos.
    I'm

[/B]

Expert Forum User

do you wanna see and play with mine? (where/what is carlisle?)...
    if you are using pointform on the planner if would be fine..like “dr apt“, or oil chg, or whatever...but i have bigger fingers and get really annoyed when i have to type things outt on the thing.

I LOVE my IPOD touch...I watch GLEE on it....love some of the free aps you can download from Itunes...I use the maps app, the weather...all of them...I have had it for a year now and I am still finding something new to do with it.....

Expert Forum User

My kids have some apps and movies downloaded on ours. It's awesome for the car.

The wifi is great, but takes some getting used to on the small screen.

We have tonnes of music on ours, and I bought an NAD dock that plugs into our main stereo, I'm listening to it right now! We can also pull music right off of youtube and listen to it thru the speakers.

The kids get their fingerprints all over the thing, so I would say the shiny outer casing is kind of hard to keep clean.

My older 2 have ipod nanos, which are just fine. In retrospect I would have bought them ipod touches, for the wifi/apps etc.
    Lynn, newly employed mom to Evelyn (13), Sophie (10), and Georgia (6)

GIRLS ROCK!!

Expert Forum User

DHjust bought me one, so I'm still learning how to use it. I find it difficult to download shows onto it, anyone else have that problem?
    Stacey

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I rarely use the music. I liked the daytimer/calendar/contacts, plus you can download your email on the wireless networks too. Lots of cool things in there other than the music You can put pictures on too which is good for showing people current pictures instead of old wallet pictures in the wallet