Thread: Need to Vent

M2M
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Angry Need to Vent

Okay ladies I dont want to seem pessamistic(sp) or that I dont appreciate the blessing at the end of pregnancy, but wow pregnancy sucks. I dont ever want to do this again...lol

this is my 2nd pregnancy, I am 7 weeks..in this first 7 weeks I have had chicken pox, I cant eat anything, cant really drink anything or else I am in the washroom sick for most of the day...and night.
    when I dont feel sick I have heartburn, when I dnt have heartburn I have a 24 hour headache 7 days a week. I am cranky, crampy, achy, and sore. my hips are constantly charlie horsed which really doesnt leave much options for sleeping...

only 7 weeks and this is how its starting....that is leaving me no hope for the rest of it. I fell bad though not for myself but for those around me. I can only imagen whats its like to deal with me...lol

sorry I just needed to get that off my chest. I try and talk to the SO about this and he just says wow talk about horomones...which is not helping his case to stay alive.

I hear you mom2markus! I know it's taboo to say it, but I hate being pregnant I guess there are people that glow and feel fantastic and relish every minute of pregnancy, and then there are the rest of us who just glow with excessive oil, feel like junk and can do nothing but focus on the end goal to make it through the longest 40 weeks EVER.
    And the fathers! Don't even get me started DH learnt from last pg that if I want to say "I feel sooo sick" every 5 minutes, he is NOT allowed to comment other than "Can I help? Can I get you anything?" or stay quiet, otherwise the hormones take control and I am just not responsible anymore!
    *END GOAL*NEW BABY*Only 6.5 more months*

when i was preggers i was sick from beginning to near end. I was able to eat fruit. a few veg but not much else. oh sometime ice cream that was my diet for ummmm 8 mths.
    Some say the pregnant pops worked, didnt for me buy you could give em a go.

Good luck with your aches and pains too, i used alot of tiger balm cream, i smelt like an old lady but i wasnt in pain. Their are a few exercises they taught DH to do for my aches pulling my legs to help relive the presure but that was near the end. you could ask your Dr about it?

but the good thing is was that labour was soooo easy compared to the pregnacy

Expert Forum User

I hated every minute. I hear ya.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pumpkinery-Creations/220912411314225

My first pregnancy was great, my second pregnancy sucked.
    Kim

Expert Forum User

Yes, taboo to say, but I hated being pregnant too! I had horrible heartburn. Other than that my pregnancies went well. I'm sure you can agree... well worth all the discomfort in the end! Hope you're feeling better today

girlsmum

Talking

Just focus on the end................with Vicky I was in the hosp at 7 weeks from excessive vomiting, my eyes had red spots from forced vomiting all day long, they couldn't find a blood vessel that hadn't collapsed to put an IV in, but by 20 weeks?..........I was fine and had a great pregnancy, altho going to 42 1/2 weeks was hard, and all the weight gain altho only to 165 lbs was a lot for a ballerina figure. But I love my Vicky. And I had heartburn during my whole pregnancy with my twins, i had sore hips from one girl on each hip, wound up in hosp several times, blood pressure plummit, *car accident*, gut pains.......thought i was miscarrying. And I got pretty nasty during both pregnancies, it's hard to deal with nagging illness that you have no control over, it just *bugged* me to not be able to make it go away, but my girls are all in one piece, healthy overall, the scientific status there is that the more ill you are, the more build up for your baby your body is creating, i read it in a parent magazine, that comforted me somewhat during a time with the twins when my doc asked me if i wanted to consider to abort since the discomfort was severe.

See PIC below as siggy?..............I am THE most grateful mommy alive for all my girls and would do it again in a heartbeat, if only I had the chance.

Patience ladies, been there, done that, I glowed with several shades of grey, but I'm all alive and stuff, SO worth it. And hubby decided NOT to divorce this old bag lady during it all,lol.

Vent away...sometimes it just needs to be in writing. I must say that I enjoyed pregnancy #1 more than this time around....I have been sick with nasty colds twice in the almost 16 weeks and now I have diarrhea that won't go away....plus heartburn etc....hang in there......

Default pregnancy

I was just talking about this with DH yesterday....I was saying how funny it was that pregnancy #1 was a breeze (except for a bit of back pain near the very end - I was 12 days over), and gave birth to a VERY fussy baby - she is great now, but wow, those first 6 months I was wondering what I had gotten myself into - lol. And pregnancy #2 was soooooooooooo hard - you name it, I had it.... morning, noon and night sickness the entire 9 months, heart burn, back and hip pain etc., etc., etc., and gave birth an easy going, laid back, calm baby. Taboo or not, I had no problems telling anyone who would listen how much the second pregnancy sucked - lol
    Just keep envisioning your perfect little baby and you will get through it. And of course vent when you need to.
    Tracey

I have never understood the people who say they love being pregnant. I hate it and the only reason I will ever do it again is because I LOVE the end result of a beautiful baby.
    Three busy boys and one lovely little lady!

I did love being pregnant, and every day I miss being pregnant. Although my pregnancies were easy... so there's that. But there's a very small part of me that mourns the finality of me never carrying a child within my body again and feeling the bumps, movements and kicks. I do NOT want to bring another baby home...

Banned

It is funny, I don't remember being happy pregnant, I remember the horrible heart burn, constant back aches, the swelling, bed rest ect. Not everybody enjoys being pregnant, but like PP have said think of the outcome.

I'm like anyunicorn. Love being pregnant. Could have something to do with my pbringing though. My mom woul always talk about how she loved it. Sure the morning sickness was no fun but I doubt I'll be complaining about that the next time around.
    Mommy to DS Jan '06, DD July '09, DS Feb '11, DD Dec '12
    Wife to my wonderful DH of 8 years
    http://handsbetterfull.blogspot.com/