Expert Forum User

Default Should I take him back in....

My daughter pushed my son off the top of the slide this afternoon...he was really complaining of his arm and at first I thought he fractured it. He wouldn't let me touch it and when I did he freaked out. After 30 minutes he calmed down and I was able to check it move it and everything but he still was not using it as much and when he did it was for short seconds....so I took him in and he was a trooper...wouldnt complain or tell them that it hurt...but a couple times he was restless and saying it hurt..well after the spill about trying to avoid radation on kids and there was no need to do an xray they did one anyways...well he goes back and says he is fine...

great so we go home he goes to bed..and 3 hours later is up screaming and crying his elbow hurts..That is what he landed on.. I have given him tyenyol and he is now sleeping again but restless...Should I see how he does tonight and if he is still complaining take him back or wait it out a couple days?? He is going to his dad's this weekend also..so I really don't want to send him if he is in pain still.

My daughter has fractured her arm twice and the second time she acted just like this where she cried for abit then was fine then woke up screaming in pain..and it was a hairline fracture...she was casted...

I feel so awful for him

I would see how it is in the morning, and if still bad after anight sleep - Id take him in.

I fractured my hand, and it only really hurt when i tried to grab things - other than that it was just sore - but I needed to be casted too.

better safe than sorry - and if it is a break - you don't want it to heal the wrong way and have them need to break it to set it properly.

Hoping he feels better in the morning!!

Expert Forum User

I'd wait out the night, then take him to his family dr in the morning.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pumpkinery-Creations/220912411314225

Banned

I would take him in first thing in the morning.

Andrew broke a bone in his hand. But when we first went to the hospital, he complained about his elbow and forearm hurting. They x ray'd those areas and they were fine ... So we came home and a day and a half later he was saying it really hurt and we took him back in. He was casted for 6 weeks and then had a brace for 3 more weeks.

Poor guy I hope he feels better soon.

Expert Forum User

thanks ladies..I will do that..maybe my dad can come in and watch him if we get back early enough so I can go with DD still on trip....man this sucks!!

Expert Forum User

Poor guy I would see how he is overnight and in the morning and if he's still complaining, or if it's more swollen I'd go back. I tend to skip the doctor's office or walk in (Unless they do xrays) in situations where I'm thinking an xray might be needed because it seems like a wasted step, as opposed to just going in to the hospital where they can assess and do the xray if warranted, cast if needed and so on.

Expert Forum User

Yep take him in. He might have gotten the break on the growth plate in his elbow. Very hard to see in children, expecially if there is swelling. My DD broke her hand in 2 places just over 2 months ago. The first xray was iffy, but the doc said yes she thought it was broken, we went back 2 days later (and many crying/screaming sessions with pain) and xrayed again, and yep definately broken on the growth plate in 2 places. She was casted for 6 weeks, and now is doing therapy.

Expert Forum User

Hope hes feeling better soon.

Expert Forum User

if you can control the pain with tylenol or advil tonight I'd wait it out. If he is crying out of control, I'd go in for two reasons. Obviously something more is wrong if he is complaining that much (like they missed it on the first xray), and secondly, he shouldn't have to endure that much pain, without better relief options.

Good luck tonight and hopefully he will settle ok for you.