View Poll Results: What religion/spirtual system do you most closely identify with?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hindu

1 0.80%
  • Muslim

2 1.60%
  • Jewish

1 0.80%
  • Christian

79 63.20%
  • Buddhist/Taoist

0 0%
  • Pagan

8 6.40%
  • Atheist/Agnostic

22 17.60%
  • Other

12 9.60%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What religion are you?

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by PancakeMom View Post
    Not all 'whites' are Christian.....or 'white' for that matter
    Nope, but if there is as higher percentage of Caucasians, who are much more likely to be Christian than Muslim or Hindu, it is going to reduce numbers of other religions. I'd also be interested in seeing percentage of groups that are traditionally thought to be Christian correlated by location... I'd suspect that rural areas have a higher percentage of the Caucasian population reporting as Christian than in the big metropolitan area.

I also think the census data is a bit odd, because people who day-to-day don't identify as Christian seem to include themselves for census purposes based on their family background being Christian. Cause the numbers in the census are HIGH I think.

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Athiest.

Most of my neighbourhood is Muslim. I'd say, 75%? Maybe 70%? I love that they all hang out in their garages. They all have nice decks, but they set up the patio furniture in their garages and hang out. When soccer is on it's like a street party around the corner. Most have tv's in their garages.

(BTW the brick stealer is not Muslim).
    AuntPetunia likes this.
    Stop thinking you’re not ready. – Nobody ever feels 100% ready when an opportunity arises. Because most great opportunities in life force us to grow beyond our comfort zones, which means we won’t feel totally comfortable at first.

~ Breastfed for 7 months, 2 weeks and 3 days ~

Catholic

~Keep moving forward!~

Anglican
    HappyandBlessed
    Maman to five
    DS born still Dec '97
    DS Dec '98
    DS Dec '03
    DS Sept '06
    DD May '10

Banned

I am not currently practicing any form of religion. I was raised Catholic (against my will) and have a lot of unresolved issues encompassing my upbringing and beliefs that surround and involve this Church. However, I am not opposed to those that believe in the Church, God or a Higher Power. I find this a very controversial subject even within my own family. Religion is a very passionate thing. IMO it's one of those LOVE/HATE things that will be disputed until the ends of time!

And, I now need to Google: “Animism. The belief that everything has an energy/spirit and we are all connected through that.“

Both DH and I have grown up Pentecostal Christian and we met at church as children.
    Three busy boys and one lovely little lady!

Expert Forum User

I voted Christian but have never attended Church (other than to attend other peoples' weddings or baptisms, etc.). DH was baptised Anglican.

Expert Forum User

Roman Catholic. Now, I'm confused on this whole Christian/Catholic thing.. I know it's been discussed, but RC wasn't an option in your poll. For some reason whenever I'm asked my religion I'll choose RC over Christian. I've always been that way. From JK to now. Whole other convo though I think

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by SweetyPi View Post
    Roman Catholic. Now, I'm confused on this whole Christian/Catholic thing.. I know it's been discussed, but RC wasn't an option in your poll. For some reason whenever I'm asked my religion I'll choose RC over Christian. I've always been that way. From JK to now. Whole other convo though I think
    RC is Christian, Christian means that you believe in Christ as your saviour. RC is a Christian denomination. United, Presbyterian, Anglican, etc are also all Christian denominations.

I voted Christian btw, currently attending a Presbyterian church, used to attend a United church before our last move.

=
    Last edited by southerngal; 11-05-2013 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eversoclever View Post
    Frustrated Christian.
    just came across this old post... just curious why a frustrated christian? if its too personal dont reply but this just caught my attention wondered.

Christian - I was raised in the Free Reformed and DH in the Christian Reformed. When we got married we attended the Free Reformed for a while but ended up switching back to his church (Christian Reformed)

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by svanmep View Post
    Christian - I was raised in the Free Reformed and DH in the Christian Reformed. When we got married we attended the Free Reformed for a while but ended up switching back to his church (Christian Reformed)
    Is there a big difference between FR and CRC???

Quote Originally Posted by doda94 View Post
    Is there a big difference between FR and CRC???
    IMO FRC is more strict (some would say more legalism - I agree with that to an extent as well) - but that would also depend on each church for that as well. I grew up that you had to wear dresses/skirts to church and to Catechism classes on Tuesday, no TV on Sunday, no playing cards, can't go to the theatre, no dancing, probably more that I can't think of right now - but a lot of people have changed for that over the years...by the time I was in high school my parents let us play cards, go to the theatre and watch TV on Sunday. On the other hand growing up all the CRC friends I had could do all those things when we couldn't.
    Last edited by svanmep; 11-06-2013 at 07:00 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345