Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Expert Forum User

Default Maybe the other DADS can explain the logic behind this

My DH does his own laundry. (Yippy Skippy)

BUT

When it's dry, he removes it from the dryer and puts it in 2 places. One behind the laundry room door on the floor, so I can't open the door all the way OR 2) Just yanks it out of the dryer in a pile right their and leaves it.
    So you can't close the dryer without moving his laundry.

How can I get him to do anything else with it? Men....what do you do or how can I change this?

Today I just piled it in the middle of the living room near the TV & Couch. He will have to jump it or go out of his way to the couch. Do you think this is helping?

Banned

Trying tossing it on the front lawn, he's sure to see it there and pick it up.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

keep a basket in front of the dryer?
    Mommy to DS Jan '06, DD July '09, DS Feb '11, DD Dec '12
    Wife to my wonderful DH of 8 years
    http://handsbetterfull.blogspot.com/

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by DMC2008 View Post
    Trying tossing it on the front lawn, he's sure to see it there and pick it up.

Yeah the highschool kids would probably get to it before DH would learn any lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by princess2808 View Post
    keep a basket in front of the dryer?
    No, b/c he would just leave the basket infront of the dryer. Tried that one a few times. So annoying.

Fold it, put it on hangers, and leave a bill for your laundering services?

Point out how sloppy he looks in wrinkled clothes, and mention if he folded stuff and hangs it up as soon as it's dry, it doesn't wrinkle like that. Dh really didn't know that stuff wrinkled from being overstuffed in the dryer, left in the dryer too long, etc.

Or....
    just leave a basket there, let him load the basket, stick the basket in his closet or where his clothes go? And figure y'know...could be worse. At least he did the laundry lol even if halfassedly?
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

There's an old trick my Mom used on us when she was just plain fed up with our mess. It took some extra time and effort on her part - but only temporary because we got the point REALLY fast!

Whether dirty or clean, if our mess was in the way/unbearable, she'd tie knots in EVERY single piece of clothing and put it right back where it was. Eventually, we got so frustrated that we couldn't find anything clean and not tied up to put on in a hurry that we “gave in“ and started doing things her way.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! eversoclever's Avatar

OMG, THAT IS AN AWESOME IDEA!

Collect it and place it on his side of the bed.

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Knots. Freakin brilliant. Reps to you.

DH is getting 2 laundrey baskets soon. One for clean one for dirty. He lives out of the basket.

He used to live ut of the dryer: walk naked from the shower, to the laundry room, get out clothing to wear that day, leave the rest in the dryer. So annoying.
    Stop thinking you’re not ready. – Nobody ever feels 100% ready when an opportunity arises. Because most great opportunities in life force us to grow beyond our comfort zones, which means we won’t feel totally comfortable at first.

~ Breastfed for 7 months, 2 weeks and 3 days ~

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by HappyMomma View Post

No, b/c he would just leave the basket infront of the dryer. Tried that one a few times. So annoying.
    this is what my DH does....soooo annoying!

Expert Forum User

I would put the basket in front of the dryer, then if he left it there, move the basket - just don't tell him where too - basement, a closet, behind the couch - wherever it is out of your way. And then be glad he does his own laundry

Expert Forum User

Man I do the laundry, fold it and put it on the bed for him to put away and he throws it on the floor on his side of the bed. Some people are so freaking lazy

and no male POV's on this yet. interesting.

Not so much interesting is that it goes against what I know.

Not sure if anyone has noticed this yet. But I don't know too many of the DHs around. I have no clue why they do the things they do. I don't think that I have once ever defended a DH or DH-like actions. It sort of goes against the spirit of the site.

After reading many a threads, I have no clue how many have ended up with their DHs. From what I can read, many DH-eese have abysmal or unpracticed communications skills.

As for this situation, and any really, I would just negotiate the request. Make the request, get agreement and confirmation that it can be followed. A deal or contract if you will. If it is not followed then bust the lie about following the request, not the actual action of not doing it. The deal/promise getting broken is a much larger offense.

As with many a negotiations, one might get a counter offer. This is just as good so that one measurable action can be linked with another measurable action. So a little give might get you a lot.

Me, I'm not so much with following a list or series of demands. I will ignore it. But I will keep my promises to my friends as best that I can. Shhhh, that's the way you work amiable types who don't care so much for the task no matter how unpleasant that task is.

once I lay out the clothes that i found on the ground, both upstairs and downstairs. Hat first, then t-shirt, then pants, socks etc. So it looked like a person laying on the ground - ykwim? He thought it was funny - but I made my point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast