Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many kids??

Banned

Default How many kids??

Ok so it is 7:30 and we have had only 10 kids, last year (in a different neighbourhood mind you) we were almost out by this time. Where are all the tricker treaters?

Expert Forum User

We've been really quiet, too...more than ten, tho. But we've already had some of the really big kids, the ones that don't even bother with costumes!!??
    Please always show kindness in your posts as the person receiving it may need it more than you will ever know.

SAHM to two boys, 13 and 7.

I am thinking the same thing!!! Last year we seemed to have more but this year we've had 35 (it's nearly 8pm) and haven't had any for awhile so we just shut everything down. Lights are out, pumpkins candles are blown out and wine is inhand!

Quote Originally Posted by Liisa View Post
    We've been really quiet, too...more than ten, tho. But we've already had some of the really big kids, the ones that don't even bother with costumes!!??
    When I was out with Kellan, DH refused some big kids without costumes. Really what's the point of going out if you aren't going to dress up?!!?

Peek'a Boo

We had about 75. I closed the door about 15 min ago and what I don't get is door closed & lights out (and pumpkins out), why do they still ring the bell??

We had maybe 50 kids and most were older ones (without costumes). Last year we had a lot more.

We had enough candy for 190 kids.....our lovley neighbour handed out our candy so we could go trick-or-treating. The candy was gone about 20mins ago....and kids are still knocking on my door!! The lights are off people!! that mean no candy

Banned

April come and get our candy we got lots

Expert Forum User

We had about 25 kids. Lots of Darth Vaders and Spidermen this year! Anyone else notice popular costumes?

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

UGH! Every year I go crazy trying to lure kids up our long dark driveway. We had 3 pumpkins, a huge box of candy AND DD and I were playing on the driveway... and people still walked past! We got maybe 5 kids and they were all older - friends of the neighbour kid looking for him. Boo Maybe we'll get more in our new house next year. At least we have lots of candy left over, right

Expert Forum User

We just got cleaned out about 15 mins ago. I had about 55 kids. I had gaged from other years that thats about it for our street.

Zoo
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I broke up a fight on my neighbour's lawn, but other than that, all good. I'd say about 75 kids? Only a few without costumes. I do find that there are a few young ones every year who are demented with joy to be getting all the candy but don't seem to get the costume angle. Makes me smile.

I did have some older ones that were "in costume". The ones who fought on my neighbour's lawn were not in costume and were carrying green garbage bags. But I guess they figured they'd better not ask me for candy because I was clearly prepared to kick their asses.

Expert Forum User

We had around 100. I found that the other side of the street had more, they have the sidewalk over there. I turned my lights off about 30 minutes ago, as did all the other houses on my side of the street, and we've had no one ring the bell. Thank goodness as Leah is sleeping and it's been awhile since she's gone down this easily at night.

Expert Forum User

This new neighbourhood sucks for Halloween! We got 25 kids and last year in our old neighbourhood we got 140. This year we had enough candy for 140. Dh and I are on weight watchers, we don't want leftovers. Lisa we looked to buy a house in your neighbourhood. At least then we wouldn't have been dissappointed at Halloween. Your neighbourhoods got a great amount of kids though.

We had a good amount of kids, but I still somehow have a crap load of gumballs and bags of chips left. I think if someone else comes to our front door I'm just gonna' tip it all in their bag.
    The popular costumes I saw tonight were Darth Vadar and just general monsters. The only Spiderman I saw was a man at a house giving out candy. He really didn't have the body for spandex though
    Mom to Ali (3) & Eva (1)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast