Expert Forum User

Default He will not nap in the A.M. anymore

but he so desperately needs it..I don't what to do anymore. He wakes up around 7 and by 9 he is just a big ball of crank..I used to be able to rock him and then he'd go down for a morning nap but not anymore..

He fights it to the death..I have been trying for the last hour to get him to sleep but nope..It's been like this for about a week now..It changed all of a sudden, he used to be so good with his naps..

I tried for the last 2 days to transition him to 1 nap but that's too much..He cries and whines and yawns like crazy

I hate not knowing what I'm doing

I dont know if this helps but when my dd was 9 months old we went through the samething so we just cut out the morning naps and she now goes down at 12 and then bed with no problems at 7...I hope it gets better for you

We cut out morning naps around that age too... we did a nap at noon as well and he STILL does this (although not like clockwork)... Soemtimes the first week or so is hell but then it all evens out...

Expert Forum User

Morning nap went away around that time for us too. It would end up being a fight to get them to go to sleep for either their morning or afternoon nap. It took about a week and they transitioned and were doing much better, they would sleep in a bit later and go down at about 12pm and have a good 2-3 hour nap.
    DS#1 Dec 06
    DS#2 May 08
    DD#1 Oct 09
    DD#2 Dec 10

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

I was going to suggest putting him down between 11 and 12. Give him lunch at 11 and then put him down.
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

DD is the same way. She's so cranky and tired but won't sleep for some reason! I wish you good luck because I haven't found anything that works yet

Hand Drawn Portraits of Your Furry Friends!
    Go to suepetportraits.blogspot.com for more details!

Expert Forum User

well he slept for an hr this morning and just went down for another nap with no problem..

So I guess all I had to do was complain about it lol!

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by jjsam78 View Post
    I was going to suggest putting him down between 11 and 12. Give him lunch at 11 and then put him down.
    That's what I was trying to do for the last couple days but he was so so cranky and tired and arggg! I just don't think he's ready for it yet, I don't know

If you're seriously going to try to get him to 1 nap, I'd suggest a week or two with really fun mornings (Childreach, playgrounds, etc.) so he's too busy to realize he's sleepy, until he adjusts to the new schedule.

Expert Forum User

the transition from 2 naps to 1 is hard my DS is going threw that right now too. we have a lot of cranky days here!!!!

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by rootedngrounded View Post
    If you're seriously going to try to get him to 1 nap, I'd suggest a week or two with really fun mornings (Childreach, playgrounds, etc.) so he's too busy to realize he's sleepy, until he adjusts to the new schedule.

That's what we've been doing and it's going well so far. We are on day 3 on if and it's getting “easier“ He's not as cranky as he was in the beginning