Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Waiting game

Expert Forum User

Default Waiting game

So ovulation has come and pretty sure past...Baby Dance has been danced and now I have to WAIT! Two weeks before I can take that test or start menstration, two weeks of waiting and wondering. This is going to take FOREVER! LOL

I so hear you. Waiting, waiting, waiting. Hoping, hoping, hoping. Good luck!!
    Lori, Momma to Malcolm and Ben

LOL... So Im not the only one!?!?!!?!?

phew!!!!!

I just finished waiting.... aunt flo came, and now the counting starts again......minutes seem like hours and hours seem like days!!!!!

I wish I had mother nature's job. Must be nice to work such few and flexible hours!!!!

Expert Forum User

Thought I would check in to see how you two are doing? I still have two days before I can take an early test or five before I am do for a menstral. I am having absolutley no symptoms so thinking I already know my answer. Just out of curiousity/conversation those who are TTC right now.

How old are you?

Did you concieve your first easily, how long ago?

What methods are you using to track things?

What have you changed in your lifestyle now that your TTC?

I am 27 and my daughter was concieved while I was on the pill nearly five years ago (so guess I could say it was easy). Right now I am just tracking my CM, but I think next cycle I am going to get a basal thermometer as well, may even invest in one of those Ovulation trackers if I go into the third cycle. I have started taking prenatal vitamins and have cut my caffine to one coffe in the morning. I also worked to get my body at a healthy weight before starting.

Good idea mommy manda!

I am 28 and my first (LOL.. and the second twin too!) where unexpected so I am unsure of how hard or easy it was to conceive.

Right now we are just counting days and that is it so far.

I started cutting down my caffeine and taking prenatals about 1 - 2 months before I had my tubes untied. But....I must admit...I was a little disgruntled when my period came last month. That night I had a glass of Bailey's and milk and the next few days after that I drank caffeinated coffee!!! Kind of like a "right back at ya mother nature!" attitude!

Anyone else ever done that? Sounds childish...but I was so disappointed seeing that negative sign after taking precautions all month "just in case" and hoping and hoping and hoping that it worked!

but... im back to my decaffeinated tea and water now.....*fingers crossed* and the roller coaster starts again!

Expert Forum User

Well menstral was due today, but I knew a week ago it wouldn't be showing up. We broke down on Wednesday and took two tests (just to be sure) and got two positives. Best of luck to twinsmommy and CHKY0925, hope my luck brushes off for you! I know I'm early, but still excited! Hopefully I'll meet you over in the July/08 club!

Congratulations!!!
    Kim

Congrats Mommymanda!! No luck this month...we'll keep trying. I am 38 now, 34 when I got pregnant second try with Malcolm. Still drink coffee, rarely alcohol anymore, and never when pregnant, prenatal vitamins when I remember. Ditto for first pregnancy. I knew that it was going to take longer this time, just hoped it wouldn't be as long as it has been.
    Lori, Momma to Malcolm and Ben

Ooohhhh, congrats mommymanda!!!!

DH and I just got back from Phoenix Arizona... spent 5 days there and ovulation happened to fall right in the middle of our trip! I'm hoping that that good luck continues and I will have some good news in a couple of weeks!!!

*fingers crossed AGAIN*

click, click, click, click......and the rollercoaster starts it's climb!!!!!

Hi ladies... 28 also! My first took over a year to conceive and even then, it was on fertility drugs. I got all excited to try again a few months ago because I heard that once you have a baby it is much easier to conceive. I hope I can do it naturally this time. It's been a few months of seemingly normal cycles, but nothing yet.
    I don't drink coffee and I am taking pre-natals because I had a bunch left over... and I hear you Twinsmommy! Whenever my stupid period comes I get all mad and have a drink because I think that's the only advantage to not being pregnant/breastfeeding.
    One more week until my period is due... hope it doesn't come!
    Good luck to everyone!!

Expert Forum User

We have been trying for our third child 5 cycles now, and I am sad every time I get my period. This is a new feeling for me, as we got pregnant very easily with both DS and DD (just as planned). Now it isn't happening as well for the third child. I feel stupid for feeling sad, as I have two beautiful children, as many women would dye for, I just have a longing feeling for one more. As the months tick by I feel as if the spacing between our children is becoming further than I wanted, but who know why things work the way they do.(?) I feel stupid even saying that, like boohoo "longer than I wanted". Anyhow. I am 34 and DH will be 37 next month. It doesn't help that he travels so much for work which not only puts my stress level up but sometimes I think we are missing our timing. I need to get back to temperature tracking. I am super regular so I was counting on that, but I'm sure stress messes with that.

As for preping, I do prenatal vitamins and don't drink alcohol. I don't care about that anyways, it's only when I am *****y from my period that I need a drink anyways!!! LOL. I drink too much coffee. I have tried eating more fruits and veggies, as I had let my nutrition slide into card overload.

That's my story. (You know, a fall baby would be nice. I'm going with that )

Lila's mom,
    I know what you mean about timing that you hoped for and spacing of your children. I really wanted mine to be exactly a year apart (sounds crazy). So most people would think why am I so upset that the months keep rolling by... but I really wanted another May baby. I had so many reasons... all my maternity clothes would fit in the right season, if I had another girl her hand-me-down clothes would be the right seasons. And I would have the whole summer to get outside and lose the weight again.

I think people might find it all pretty trivial but I just really wanted my children very close in age. So, I totally understand.

On a brighter note, this happened to me with the first one too, it ended up being just over a year from when I started trying... and the timing with that pregnancy worked out so perfectly with my job, my husband's job and life. I could have never known how perfect it ended up being. So maybe everything happens for a reason, and we'll both get pregnant when we are meant to and everything will be better and we'll see why when the time comes.

Until then... we'll just continue to be frustrated when we see that negative!

Expert Forum User

I just turned 29 this past week. With my first baby, my husband & I looked at eachother and 9 months later she was born...it was so easy that I worry we're not going to be as lucky this time round. We just started trying again on Sunday, so I've been waiting 5 days. I got sick with the flu a couple of days ago & refused to take anything in case there's a wee baby waiting to be found out. I started taking prenatal vitamins & quit coffee about 1 month ago. I started tracking my ovulation cycle a few months ago as well because we're specifically trying for a boy. I am very anxious with this waiting game. I'll be testing at day 10 to see if my hcg level will tip the test to a positive. Tick tock, tick tock....
    Good luck to you all! Hopefully we'll see you on the "expecting" chat board soon!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pumpkinery-Creations/220912411314225

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinsmom View Post
    I just turned 29 this past week. With my first baby, my husband & I looked at eachother and 9 months later she was born...it was so easy that I worry we're not going to be as lucky this time round. We just started trying again on Sunday, so I've been waiting 5 days. I got sick with the flu a couple of days ago & refused to take anything in case there's a wee baby waiting to be found out. I started taking prenatal vitamins & quit coffee about 1 month ago. I started tracking my ovulation cycle a few months ago as well because we're specifically trying for a boy. I am very anxious with this waiting game. I'll be testing at day 10 to see if my hcg level will tip the test to a positive. Tick tock, tick tock....
    Good luck to you all! Hopefully we'll see you on the "expecting" chat board soon!

Pardon me if I am being too personal (but this seems to be a pretty open group), what exactly do you mean "specifically trying for a boy"? Just curious, and feel free to ignore my question if that is too personal.

Expert Forum User

I don't find it personal at all.
    There is a theory that sperm are like the rabbit & the hare. Girls are slow & steady, reaching their goal in the end. The boys (as is true in life) are fast at the beginning, but don't get there as often as the girls. If you put the boy sperm closer to the goal (aka the egg), then they have a better chance of scoring. The main 2 ways to achieve this are by having sex only when ovulating and by doing it from behind (doggy style). I think the success rate is 80% rather than 50% if you just did it any old time. If you're trying for a girl, you do it a few days before ovulation so you can make sure the boys have a slimmer chance of making it. It's called the Shettles Method.
    There's also another theory that changing your diet changes the polarity of the egg. For a boy, you cut out dairy & eggs, increasing sodium & pottasium. That is not part of the above theory.
    I hope you don't take offense by the idea. I know one lady who did - she thought we should be happy for whatever we get. Which we will be, no doubt!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pumpkinery-Creations/220912411314225

Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast