Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Storybook Gardens

Details/critique please! Worth the pass? What about rides? $2/person/ride seems a little high but then again I havent been to the fair in a while so maybe it isnt. Food prices outragious? Do we get a mom perks discount? Anything else? Anyone going tomorrow?
    Mommy to DS Jan '06, DD July '09, DS Feb '11, DD Dec '12
    Wife to my wonderful DH of 8 years
    http://handsbetterfull.blogspot.com/

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by princess2808 View Post
    Details/critique please! Worth the pass? What about rides? $2/person/ride seems a little high but then again I havent been to the fair in a while so maybe it isnt. Food prices outragious? Do we get a mom perks discount? Anything else? Anyone going tomorrow?
    I'm interested too, I'm taking the girls in June .
    Wife to Doug and Mother of
    Alex, Nick, Hanna, Mya, Madeline and twin sweethearts, Isabelle and Abigail
    Sewing Mei Tais for Canadian Mamas

I'm going today will be there at 10:30am with my crew the passes are good if you go enough and there is a huge splashpad for the kids.Drinks and food is a little prices and we didn't do the rides yet but there is a swing like the ones from the fair,a inflatable jumpy thing,a slide like from western fair where you go on those carpet things,and a dumbo ride just like the fair.Hope that helps were packing a picnic instead of buying fries there.

We have passes and make good use out of them. One thing I like is that we don't feel that we have to go and stay for a long time. We can just pop in for an hour or two and be on our way.

Awesome splash pad, play area, a few animals etc. We always bring our own food so I don't know about food prices. The rides are good for little ones but we don't often do them because they are extra.
    Mom of 2 girls, unschooler, feminist, runner and just general lover of life.

Need a doula or prenatal classes? www.babeezeinarms.com

"Me thinks that the moment my legs began to move, my thoughts began to flow."
    - Henry David Thoreau

"
    Children are not our own art products to be turned out well, but their own life work in continual process. -Jan Fortune Wood"

Wow I never saw the Dumbo ride or bouncy thing or big slides at Storybook - are they new?
    We went just last year but got rained out of the splashpad a few minutes into it; they close the pad if it is stormy out.

I do remember there was hardly any selection for food. Not like the olden days when there was everything from elephant ears to burgers.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by doulamom View Post
    We have passes and make good use out of them. One thing I like is that we don't feel that we have to go and stay for a long time. We can just pop in for an hour or two and be on our way.

I;ve heard the same from friends who have passes. We've been thinking about it but haven't yet. I think as long as you go 5 times it makes it worth it.
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

I think the passes are a good investment...we don't buy food there either ususally...we bring stuff with us! And the rides we'll do once in a while!

yes the rides are new they just opened up on may 24th!!

When you buy passes is it a family pass? Or do you buy an individual pass for each person in your family?

It is individual passes. I dont like how there isnt a family pass option myself. Passes for DH, aden and I would be the same price as passes to the TO Zoo.
    Mommy to DS Jan '06, DD July '09, DS Feb '11, DD Dec '12
    Wife to my wonderful DH of 8 years
    http://handsbetterfull.blogspot.com/

Expert Forum User

We have always got the seasonal pass and to me it has been worth it. Like others have said, you can go for 2 hours and leave when you are tired and don't worry about getting your moneys worth from the one time visit.

We also bring all of our own food and drinks, and sometimes buy a popsicle. I don't think the prices are that bad. I just prefer to bring my own food most places.

I'm not sure I love that they are introducing so many rides. a few little ones were nice, but it seems more and more every year. To me it is changing the feel of the visit. I would rather see it as natural and park like.

Expert Forum User

We LOVE Storybook. This is our second summer getting passes. Last year, it was just me and ds, but this year, dh got a pass too. (free for under 2yrs). The daily cost is 7.50/day adult, and 6.50/day child I believe. We got the passes as a Xmas gift, so the rates were last years rates ($28/person- May-Oct only). I think the rate increased a couple $). It is worth it for us. We go 1-2/week, and like others said, only stay for 1-2 hrs generally.
    Last week, we packed a picnic lunch and ate by the little church on some brand new picnic tables, which was very nice. The new rides seem to be a good addition. We bought 20 tickets for $25 (never expiry) and it is 1 ticket/ride. DS can go on a few rides alone. Him and DH went on the ferris wheel. If he continues to like the other rides, we may just buy him a rides season pass for $25. Last year, he loved the toddler climbers and sandplay area.
    I am hoping he likes the splashpad more this year, I want to bring my suit on nice days and work on my tan .
    DS June 2007
    DD April 2010

"No influence is so powerful as that of the mother."- Sarah Josepha Hale

Are you allowed to bring a picnic into Storybook? Last year I was told you are not allowed to bring food in.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by laurensmom View Post
    Are you allowed to bring a picnic into Storybook? Last year I was told you are not allowed to bring food in.
    I don't think they encourage it, but we've always done it and nobody said anything. Being a parent with young children is expensive enough, so hopefully most ppl understand. We did buy the odd thing too.
    DS June 2007
    DD April 2010

"No influence is so powerful as that of the mother."- Sarah Josepha Hale

Expert Forum User

we were there to day and DS had a blast! we have passes and plan on going at least once a week and this way with the passes I don't feel like I have to make it an all day trip to make it worth the price ecpecially since is only 1 1/2 so long days would be too much for him. the food is pretty pricey and about 1/2 the ppl there had picnic's packed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast