Default What do you mean.....

....it's NEGATIVE!?!?!?

Im sure that some of you on the TTC forum has gone through this but I haven't seen anything posted about it.

Do you know what Im talking about??? The planning, the exitement and the fun of trying to concieve all month and then the test says negative!!??

I've only just started trying but we've been planning for the past year for this because I had to have my tubil ligation reversed first. So here we are... finally at that point where it actually could happen... and it didn't!

I looked at the test and Im pretty sure it spoke to me! Seriously! It said "get your boat like pads out! Your delusional and Aunt flo is coming whether you like it or not!" LOL

How does everyone else handle the emotional rollarcoaster???

You are hilarious. Having a sense of humour will definately help you out! We've been trying since February and no luck yet. It happened second try with Malcolm so I was exactly like you in the beginning...."That can't be right, lets do a few more tests, the first three had to be wrong!!!" So now we just wait, try again, some months we try a little harder, but we know it will happen when it is meant to happen.
    Lori, Momma to Malcolm and Ben

Ya, we are going to try to keep that "it will happen when it's supposed to" attitude too. But man.... where we ever proud of ourselves!!!
    DH and I have been walking around for the past 2 weeks with the broadest shoulders and that "yaaa, Im the champ!!!" grin.

(more DH than me though! LOL....)

My first born came with a bonus second born twin trailing behind him though, so maybe my eggs are on back order and I'll get tripletts in three months!!!

Oooohhhh the possibilities with the human body are endless!!! I should have been a scientist!! Guess I will just have to settle for chef, chauffer and maid!

Expert Forum User

I am not due for a 'visit' until Nov. but I am still just convincing myself it will show up, that way a negative test won't dissapoint me.

To make things even more difficult I am pretty sure Ovulation is now or soon, but I am sick with a head cold and pretty sure DH isin't going to be interested in any fun tonight even if I could find the energy. So most likely going to miss this round and have to start fresh the next one. We too have just told ourselves whatever happens happens and let it be. I am sure once/if I get a few months of negatives my emotions will start playing into things alot more.

Expert Forum User

I'm so scared I'm going to go what you're going through. We start trying in 2 weeks (ovulation time), and we got pregnant the first shot with Lexie. I can only imagine how much of a let down it will be. Good luck, it'll happen when it's meant to!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pumpkinery-Creations/220912411314225

first shot??? Was that a pun!?

ok... sorry... that was my morning giggle!!! LOL... must be because it's friday!!! And as easy as it is to say it will happen when it's supposed to.... man...you can't help but feel disappointed.

I'm going to keep laughing and try to think of it this way...

DH and I did a heck of a job trying.....

I guess the goal is to try to keep it fun right?