Thread: Had to share :)

Expert Forum User

Default Had to share :)

Dh brought the boys to get me a hanging basket for our front porch like he does every year and they made a card together, but the real keeper is my gift from ds from school
    It is a large piece of paper, laminted, with a picture he drew of of the two of us picking flowers, and then there are some sentences that he helped fill in at the bottom.
    It says 'Mom has __black hair__ and __the same as I do__ eyes. She looks the most beautiful __when she got married__.
    My mom and I like to __play on the swings__. In her free time, my mom likes to __clean up the house__.' It goes on, but I cracked up when I read that! I thought it is cute that the teacher wrote their honest answers. I don't know the teacher well, but I'm sure she knows cleaning isn't my first choice in my free time.
    This will definatly be going in the keep pile of his school crafts!

Expert Forum User

Lol...that is cute! Mother's Day gifts are the best My fav was last year, it was DD's first year at school and they brought home a beautiful framed picture with their hand prints on it and a really nice poem on it. This year was bath salts

Expert Forum User

awww. great gift!

Expert Forum User

Cute. My DS brought home a card from school, and the teacher helped him write a bit about why he loves his mom. He said “My mom makes good Kraft Dinner“. He said a few other things too, but I thought that was funny.
    Last edited by 2xmom; 05-09-2010 at 05:50 PM.

Expert Forum User

aww thats cute! I can't wait to get home made gifts from my DS!

Expert Forum User

aww....So cute

Banned

I love the gifts and cards that kids make at school. So cute and filled with love

Too cute! DD came home with a similar poem (I have it upstairs so do not know the exact words), in part of it she says I'm 79 years old, I weigh 57lbs and am 6 feet tall. Oh and beautiful like Barbie. Besides the fact that she more than doubled my true age, I thought it was really sweet and a great laugh.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by sardam View Post
    Dh brought the boys to get me a hanging basket for our front porch like he does every year and they made a card together, but the real keeper is my gift from ds from school
    It is a large piece of paper, laminted, with a picture he drew of of the two of us picking flowers, and then there are some sentences that he helped fill in at the bottom.
    It says 'Mom has __black hair__ and __the same as I do__ eyes. She looks the most beautiful __when she got married__.
    My mom and I like to __play on the swings__. In her free time, my mom likes to __clean up the house__.' It goes on, but I cracked up when I read that! I thought it is cute that the teacher wrote their honest answers. I don't know the teacher well, but I'm sure she knows cleaning isn't my first choice in my free time.
    This will definatly be going in the keep pile of his school crafts!

OMG! Are you in St. Thomas? My DS did something that sounds exactly like that! Maybe they are in the same class or have the same teacher (she teaches at two different schools). It was the best mother's day gift I've gotten yet!