Expert Forum User

Default I am never letting my DD out of the house!!

Ok SO and I just finished watching The Lovely Bones, and I am never letting my DD out of the house again!! It doesn't help that I am reading No Time To Say Goodbye (sequel to Deep End of the Ocean). I am so paranoid that something will happen to her!!

When I tucked her into bed, I said "You know it is never ok to go off with anyone without my permission?" She said even dad, I said if it isn't SO or I, then you need to call us first. She said ok, now to go get her a cell phone this week.

Does anyone else think about this? I cried through the movie, SO kept saying he will shut it off, and I said no. DD did not watch it with us.
    Last edited by hockeymomof3; 05-08-2010 at 10:25 PM.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Oh god. I am so tempted to watch that, but I have read the book so I know better, but I heard it stars a wahlberg *swoon*, but I heard its soooo sad... gah!

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Mamarazzi View Post
    Oh god. I am so tempted to watch that, but I have read the book so I know better, but I heard it stars a wahlberg *swoon*, but I heard its soooo sad... gah!
    Yes Wahlberg is great in it. But very sad.

I heard it was nothing like the book so hadn't watched it yet...and to be honest hte book was pretty weird. Interesting story, but still kinda weird.

However I know what you mean - I could watch most anything in a movie without it bothering me until things hit too close to home. Now I can't watch anything featuring a home invasion, people being hurt, kids being taken, hurt, teased, etc without feeling like I'm in the situation. kwim?
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

I refuse to watch movies like that or my paranoid meter goes sky rocketing and I'll drop kick the next person who says she's cute screaming “ don't even look at her!!“

dh told me about a movie he watched the night before about a little blond girl getting stolen to be sold... Do you know how long it took me to sleep again? I was looking over my shoulder for weeks

i love that movie, but it is soooo sad!
    Tiffany
    Mom to Ben, Jonathan and Zachary

Do you want to lend me “No time to say goodbye“ when you are done with it? I was reading a review on it recently and have already read “Deep end of the Ocean“

Oh, or sell it to me....

Expert Forum User

I read the book a while back and it was pretty good, not to sure how the movie will compare. It was pretty sad though.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by laurensmom View Post
    Do you want to lend me “No time to say goodbye“ when you are done with it? I was reading a review on it recently and have already read “Deep end of the Ocean“
    Sure you can borrow it after I am done. I still have Deep end of the ocean too. I should be done with it later this week, I will PM you when Im done.

Great movie but very hard to watch IMO. So sad I don't think there was a dry eye in the theatre the day I went to see that movie.

Expert Forum User

I have not seen the movie or read the book, but chalk me up to being paranoid also.
    My dd has been told to never go with anyone but her parents unless other arrangements have been made ahead of time, she has a code word to use to confirm the person has talked to me, and also has a situation question to get the feel if they are legit.
    We have talked about some people get sick, not physically but in the head and that they could do something that could hurt her, and we don't know if that could happen to someone we know or not. I may be freaking her out, but she doesn't seem uptight.
    I used the tori stafford situation and told her that there is vidoe of Tori walking off with a woman without any struggle, so whatever she said, Tori believed her and didn't run.
    By the sounds of the movie, I would probably be a bawling basket case also!!!!

Expert Forum User

I haven't seen the movie yet! I didn't know about the sequel to Deep End of the Ocean, man its been years since I read that, will have to look out for the second book!

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by RetroMama View Post
    I haven't seen the movie yet! I didn't know about the sequel to Deep End of the Ocean, man its been years since I read that, will have to look out for the second book!
    The sequel is by Jacquelyn Mitchard called No time to wave goodbye. It just came out last week. It is $17.50 and comes in paperback for that price.

Expert Forum User

I saw the movie and thought the book was way way better. The movie was very disturbing though and I wish I hadn't seen it!

[/url]