Thread: Grapeseed Oil

Expert Forum User

Default Grapeseed Oil

*Edited*- I actually meant to say "grapefruit extract". Aghhh....anyhow, does anyone use it? I hear that it is a nontoxic multi-purpose extract that can be used for a variety of things.

If anyone uses it or has in the past I would appreciate any feedback!

TIA!

Cathy
    Last edited by mountain mama; 10-17-2007 at 11:45 AM. Reason: used the wrong word in post

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Hi,
    I use Grapeseed Oil as a base for massage for my doula clients. I also use it at home if I am giving the girl's a massage or getting one I love it and use quite a bit of it.
    Mom of 2 girls, unschooler, feminist, runner and just general lover of life.

Need a doula or prenatal classes? www.babeezeinarms.com

"Me thinks that the moment my legs began to move, my thoughts began to flow."
    - Henry David Thoreau

"
    Children are not our own art products to be turned out well, but their own life work in continual process. -Jan Fortune Wood"

Expert Forum User

I'm assuming that you could purchase this oil at any health food store?

Banned

Not sure what you're planning to do with it, but it has been shown that grapefruit (juice/extract/actual fruit) can interfere with the action of some drugs (I believe it makes them more effective so it's easier to overdose - you'd have to look it up though).
    Just thought I'd mention it! I think it only applies to some drugs and I'm not sure how much is considered a dose that would affect another drug.

Expert Forum User

Thanks Alison. Yes, I have heard that as well. I was thinking about using it more as a cleaning agent. Thank you very much- if I didn't already know this I would be happy that you had told me (still happy for your concern though).

Cathy

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I have heard of using it. I use tea tree oil in the diaper laundry as it can be used as a disinfectant. I know some people use grapefruitseed oil as it doesn't have as harsh a smell as the tea tree oil.

I know you only need a few drops for a load of diapers, so it goes a long way.

Haven't looked into it a lot, so maybe I should start

Expert Forum User

Yes, if you hear anything more about it that would be great. I think that I might go to a health food store to check it out as well.

Cathy