Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile So excited I found a part time job!

So this week was my first week at home with the kids after losing my full time job. I had a great time with them and loved being able to spend time with them. DH and I didn't feel rushed in the evening and we were able to enjoy the nice weather at the beginning of the week and take the kids to Gibbons Park.

Today I went to a job fair at The Bay and they offered me a part-time seasonal job on the spot. I will be working in the Ladies department. They do hire people on permanantly after the christmas season so I am crossing my fingers that this happens as I think I am going to really enjoy working there.

I have always joked about being a SAHM but I never really thought it would become a reality. I am so excited about this and feel that this was one of the best decisions I have ever made!

Wow... good for you!! I too need to find soemthing part time.... I started back to school in September and although OSAP helps.... it really doesn't help that much!! I'm thinking about going to the Michael's job fair... I think that it is next weekend or the next... it too will only be seasonal, but there will be the chance that I'll get on permanent part time... but the scrapbooking supplies are enough to keep me wanting to work there!

Wow if I had known Michaels was having a job fair I would be all over that one! LOL I wanted something close to home though so this is perfect for me. If I worked at Michaels I would spend my entire paycheque! DEADLY!!!!

Expert Forum User

I'm very happy for you. I'm also an at home mom and will be looking into getting a part time job sometime soon I htink. M husband doesn't think that I will have to, but I wouldliketo contribute something and have some spending money. Where do you find out about these job fairs?

Expert Forum User

I would LOVE to apply for the Michaels job fair, but my resume REALLY sucks! LOL! There is "nothing" on it!!!!! And i would definitely have a hard time not spending my cheque there!!! I'm scrap-obsessed! LOL!

Peek'a Boo

Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by momx2 View Post
    I'm very happy for you. I'm also an at home mom and will be looking into getting a part time job sometime soon I htink. M husband doesn't think that I will have to, but I wouldliketo contribute something and have some spending money. Where do you find out about these job fairs?
    I found out about The Bay one online. I was searching for other jobs and just came across it. I think Chapters is having a job fair tomorrow (the one on Wellington). If you called the store they might be able to tell you more. I know what you are saying about contributing and having a bit of spending money. I definately like to spend! LOL

Expert Forum User

I am so happy you have this exciting news!! I was very upset for you when I received your pm. Glad things worked out for the best!
    http://lifewithbecks.blogspot.com/

pm me for details about Little Diva Spa Parties

Thats great news Jen! Congratulations!!!

Expert Forum User

Chapters treats its employees decent for the most part. But you have to be willing to work every weekend and all the shifts that they have. They are open until 10:00pm most nights and are open most days that regular stores aren't. New Years Day was one shift I had to work. It was dead.

I do promotional stuff in London and area. If anyone wants any information on this let me know. They pay about 13.00-14.00 an hour+mileage(normally) and its mostly Thurs/Fri evenings and some time on the weekends. The one I was offered but had to turn down was Gerber baby food and Toddler snacks. Its still open from what I understand
    Proud mom of 3 wonderful children

The Bay will hire you on permanently if they feel you are reliable.
    I work at the Bay in MHF...well I did until I went on sick leave August 1st.
    Which Bay?

The future is uncertain... but this uncertainty is at the very heart of human creativity

Quote Originally Posted by Tami&amber View Post
    The Bay will hire you on permanently if they feel you are reliable.
    I work at the Bay in MHF...well I did until I went on sick leave August 1st.
    Which Bay?
    The one at White Oaks. The manager did say the do hire on after the season. I am crossing my fingers that it will happen. Do you like working for The Bay? I was just so happy to get a job and I will begin making money. I like to spend so I need all of the money I can get! LOL

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Congrats on the job!!

HUGE congrats on the new job! Hope it works out to be an amazing fit for you and your family... and that you get offered permanent work after Christmas!

Administrator Site Admin

Ohh! Scrapbooking money!! Yippee!! LOL!

Congrats on the job Jen, I'm sure you will be great at it!! You are very friendly, helpful and you genuinely like people so I couldn't think of a better fit for a part time gig! It's great that it's close to home too so no travel time really!

Talk to you soon!

Leslie
    Leslie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast