Thread: daycare

Expert Forum User

Default daycare

I am tossing around the idea of putting Clark in daycare for a morning or two a week, or possibly for one full day a week - I'm so torn, because it's not really necessary as I am home full time...and I feel a little guilty for even thinking of it. However, I think he would truly benefit from it. He's quite social, and loves being with other kids, and sometimes I feel that I just don't offer him enough opportunities to interact with others. We do playgroups, swimming, etc but I'm just looking for something "more". And, to be quite honest, it would be nice to have some exclusive one on one time with Clair. My biggest obstacle is that I don't know where to begin....would daycare centres/home daycares even consider taking him in for such a small time period each week? Is it worth looking into? Where/how do I start? Any input is greatly appreciated...
    TIA

Absolutely home daycares (myself included) do part time and I believe some centres do as well. Sometimes you pay a few more dollars a day for part time rates though...your best bet is to start calling around/meeting people both home daycares and centres and see what would fit your needs best

Expert Forum User

I have a little guy here only 2 times a week, but they pay more than my full time kids. I also suggest if you do that to do full day as then they are involved with the morning and afternoon routine which here are very different. Post an ad on here and kijiji and see how many dcp reply.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by Krafts View Post
    Absolutely home daycares (myself included) do part time and I believe some centres do as well. Sometimes you pay a few more dollars a day for part time rates though...your best bet is to start calling around/meeting people both home daycares and centres and see what would fit your needs best
    again, from 2007.

Expert Forum User

My daughter is in daycare (at a center) two days a week. She completely loves it.
    Married 2005. DD1 2007. DD2 2011. Beta Sigma Phi 2013.
    ... and one cute little kitty!

What about preschool? Is he going to JK in the fall? My DD1 (just turned 4yo) has been going to preschool 2ams/week since she turned 2.5yo, and my DD2 will be going when she's that old, too. She loves it, she gets to hang out with kids and do cool stuff that I'd never do and she learns stuff. And I get some time with the other 2!

ETA: preschools (or at least my DD's?) run Sept-June just like regular school though, which is why I asked about September. He might not get much time in there btw now and the end of the year.
    Last edited by AuntPetunia; 04-29-2010 at 01:34 PM.

Expert Forum User

haha...way to revive an old post!!!!

Expert Forum User

yep most centers that we looked at offered part time for a bit more money. i also agree that its good for them. I feel like I can now just enjoy dd instead of worrying how much I am “teaching“ her. before I always felt like I wasn't doing enough. she is in a center 2 days a week full day and 2 more days just in the afternoon. she loves it there and has already learnt a lot and she is only 14 months but plays much better with other babies/kids.

Expert Forum User

wtf? how does that happen?
    Last edited by /wasn't me/; 04-29-2010 at 01:50 PM.

Ah... LOL! I was wondering why she wanted to put him in something now when he would be going to school so soon.

Expert Forum User

never mind.

theres a whole bunch of old 2007 daycare threads being bumped- check the dates of the OP, before deciding if you need to post lol

My daughter is in fulltime daycare (hdcp) right now, and I'm hoping to be able to keep her there two days per week while I'm on mat leave. Don't feel bad at all. I think it is good for kids to get out and be on their own and play with other kids. If my dd can't stay parttime while I'm on leave, I will feel sad for her, b/c she loves it, and it is “hers“ if you know what I mean.