Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Christmas Shopping

1) Have you started shopping?
    2) When do you usually start?
    3) What is on your list to pick up?

1) I have started. My Mom picked up some toys at Target for me yesterday.

2) This is really early for me. I don't usually start until mid-November.

3) We are limiting toys this year. Not that the boys need clothes either but it's the lesser of 2 evils. Our living room is small and already looks like toy-r-us blew up in here and we just packed up a good 3/4 of the toys.

Expert Forum User

I'm going to Birchrun at the end of the month and I am determined to start if not finish my Christmas shopping in one weekend. The grandparents will get the kids lots of toys so were not going to get the kids as much toys. We are going to get both of the kids their own oversized chair for the family room from Potterybarn kids but other than that were not too sure yet.

aveymom

I have started, I just picked up one of those giant horses you see at Toys R Us.
    I usually start at the end of October. We have ALOT of christmas birthdays, so the earlier the better, lol.
    We are thinking of a play house for Waves bday (Dec 7th) and a water table for xmas.
    besides that no toys, just art supplies for her easle.
    I am telling the family to get paints and stuff for her, no more toys!!!! I also dont want anyone to buy her clothes, most of the time they get things that I will only put on her when I know that family member is coming over, lol.

Stacy

Stacy

Expert Forum User

i have already started my christmas shopping. This yr we are cutting down on what we get the girls, because they dont need a ton of toys, as we have a small house, and it looks like toys r us threw up in my living room. They each get a small toy, a bigger toy, and an outfit, along with stocking stuffers. My inlaws always go all out, and spoil the girls rotten, so we dont need to.

Im going to Birch run first weekend of november, and im hoping to get all my shopping done there, if not all, a good chunk of it
    Madison - Setember 20,2002
    Emma - June 12,2006 RCDH
    Carter- November 3, 2009

We're not doing Christmas shopping as such this year. The three of us are going to Chicago from the 24th to the 27th and we'll buy each other a few things while we're there.

In a normal year I'd start shopping around mid November.
    Mom to Ali (3) & Eva (1)

I was at Zeller's yesterday...thanks to Leslie. They had all their clearance toys on for buy one get one free. Even with that I didn't really find much and only ended up with 4 small things. So yes, I have officially started my Christmas shopping. Although, like many others, we are trying to cut down, not buy so much and teach our children the real meaning of Christmas.

Expert Forum User

I've started - and am almost done, but this is typical for me. I usually start shopping in the summer (mostly because I don't like to be in a rush to buy something just for the sake of buying something). This year my DH and I have said that we aren't going to spend much on each other, because I am not working and because we're starting to build our new home in the new year...but we'll see how that actually works.

Expert Forum User

I haven't started yet. Last year at this time I was already done (oh how I miss mat leave!!!) Normally I would start around mid-December.

Expert Forum User

Gillian is that outfit that Anna is wearing in your signature Hanna Andersson? I was on the website today and so want to order a ton.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I haven't bought anything yet, but I am planning all our homemade gifts and trying to assign times to make/bake them.

As for stuff that I'll be buying, I'll be starting that in early November after my end of month pay.
    The poster formerly known as Geomamma

havent started yet by the end of oct or the starting of november, and will be done in a bout 2-3 weeks.
    Plaining on gettind 2-3 outfits for each of the boys and maybe some toys not sure what to get Jonathan he will only be 4 months! But for Benjamin anything that has to do with cars and Thomas he loves. And some more movies!
    Tiffany
    Mom to Ben, Jonathan and Zachary

1) Have you started shopping?

yep got 3 movies for dd

2) When do you usually start?

Im late this year usually by halloween I am over 1/2 done

3) What is on your list to pick up?

toys and clothes for dd new watch for bf

I started, I can't help it - I start getting excited for Christmas around September! I try to space it out over a few months so we don't get a huge credit card nightmare in January.
    DD is getting very little from us this year (again) bc she'll get stuff from everyone else and she doesn't get it yet. Plus, she needs nothing. I bought her a book set at the LMBA sale and a Mr. Potato Head bc it was on sale. DH and I won't be buying much for eachother since we just bought a house... so I only have to shop for family and my BFF's and staff.

Expert Forum User

I started in the summer...I have my niece started and my grandma done and we know what we are getting my mom. As for my kids I will be starting beginning of November which is late for me as I usually have most done by end of October. I just don't know what to get them and I haven't had the time to shop. I usually shop for things over the year and put away for Christmas, Easter, Birthdays etc. My kids will not be ( hopefully) getting toys..at least not from us. Some jammies, clothes ( not many as they have tons) books, art and sensory stuff....They get too much from my parents, sister aunt and cousin.
    DH and I have tried to keep it simply for us...and I am working year by year on downsizing on the kids...

Expert Forum User

I don't know when I started... I pick up things pretty much whenever. The earlier the better. When the Huggalugs free shipping promo was on, I bought each of the children two pairs and put one pair away for Christmas. I picked up a few books for Reese in the summer too. She has tons of books already and we go to the library a lot so she doesn't need them right now. I am kind of at a loss as to what to get them because they have tons of toys and clothes and I don't have room for much more and they don't really need anything. Christmas is important to me though (and to Reese ) so I have to get a few things at least. I will probably get more paints and art supplies for Reese. I really have no idea for Zoe though because whenever I buy her clothes I can't wait to put her in them or hang them in her closet. Anything else she doesn't really need and I don't want to just buy for the sake of buying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast