Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Almond Breeze at Costco?

Does anyone know if Costco sell the Almond Breeze milk in the tetra boxes?

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Could have sworn I saw it there the last time I was there. Not 100% positive but 90%

Expert Forum User

My sister buys this stuff and I always wondered what is so good about it?

Sorry it is off topic but just curious about this stuff

Expert Forum User

I really like it. From everything I have read about milk I would much rather be drinking almond milk than cow milk. I looove the chocolate one and DH drinks the unsweetened regular with cereal. I don't recall seeing it at Costco but I'll check next time, it would be worth it for us to buy it in bulk, which is why I dont think I have seen it there... unless they just didn;'t have the unsweetened.

We use it because we want a dairy alternative. I had colon cancer last year at a young age, and want to reduce anything digestively that may increase risk of recurrence. I didn't want to do soy because of the estrogen exposures/previous cancer risk.
    We prefer the taste of the almond milk over the rice and soy anyways. It has a creamier mouth feel to it, like a fuller fat milk. The boys have never noticed a difference.

yes...they have it...in packages of 6...
    i have decided to start using it as replacement for dairy and soy too...started to drink it while on florida march break...it was available in all supermarkets there....i didn't realise it was not readily available in supermarkets here until i went to purchase it...
    i did find it in dairy department at remark for $4.99....
    and yes i completely agree...delicious!

Expert Forum User

I can only find it at the superstore which is why I always shop there now. I'm gonna get some at costco today if they're there!

Got some there today...only vanilla flavoured though....decent price 6/pk for under $2 per carton

Wow Cathy, great price..almost makes me want a costco memebership lol . Did you see any rice milk there?
    Vanessa Case RHN
    Registered Holistic Nutritionist
    www.ournaturalconnection.com
    Creator of 10 Day Whole Food Detox!
    FB: www.facebook.com/ournaturalconnection
    Twitter: vanessa_onc
    Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/vanessacaserhn/
    BLOG: www.ournaturalconnectin.com/apps/blog

Any comments made on this forum are expressed as a personal opinion and comment. A full professional assessment is necessary to make proper recommendations specific to YOUR needs.

What is wrong with milk? Honest question, as I have no idea.

Does the processing of the almond milk not mean it has more 'stuff' in it than natural milk?

I need to buy milk today and I kinda would love to get off the cow's milk if there is a reason. Cow's milk grosses me out a bit.

Expert Forum User

From what I've read about milk.... unless you're getting grain-fed, antibiotic-free, organic then you're getting whatver they put in the cow... antibiotics, growth hormone, etc.... doesn't sound too healthy. Plus I read when the udder gets infected they keep pumping so you're getting puss in your milk. Other than that, it's processed, the magnesium isn't enough for the calcium to be absorbed and head it actually leaches calcium from your body, not gives you calcium, and it's mucous-forming. If humans don't need mom's milk the rest of their life, why do we need cow's milk?

(this info is what I found in my research I'm not saying it's 100% correct.)

I want to get off cows milk, simply because it gross's me out a bit (I have too many vegan friends ). Also, almond milk has far less saturated fat and dosen't contain the hormones and antibiotics I'm trying to avoid.
    I don't know what it is about me though, the idea of buying soya or almond milk vs. cow scares me (like, it might taste really nasty or DD would refuse it and it would be a waste). I've even heard goats milk is far better for you but that just might push me too far! I'm odd that way.
    tough times don't last but tough people do

Expert Forum User

Another question then

My YDD is 1 and it is recommend to give her the full fat milk. If it is so unhealthy why is it recommended to young children? Would the almond breeze be something I could give her or is it not full fat?

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyGirls22 View Post
    My YDD is 1 and it is recommend to give her the full fat milk. If it is so unhealthy why is it recommended to young children?
    I think this is because most doctor's don't really know anything about nutrition. I really have no idea about young children who need a lot of fat though.

I have recently been doing lots of reading regarding nutrition and our western diet, and as a result also want to get my family away from cow's milk; the organic is way too much money for us.

I didn't realize you could buy almond milk, I was just going to try to make almond milk, has anyone tried that before? I'm going to soak the almond's tonight and make it tomorrow for breakfast....I'll report back on the taste.

I'm curious, what size are the containers in the six pack?
    Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.~Michael Pollan, author of In Defense of Food
    If we want to move towards a low-polluting, sustainable society, we need to get consumers to think about their purchases-David Suzuki
    "You must be the change you want to see in the world"- Mahatma Gandhi

I wouldn't switch a 1 year old to almond milk - it's not milk at all really, not milk from an animal. If you think that really a one year old should be nursing, 'naturally' speaking, and animal milk is the next best thing (no nursing related judgment intended, I'm talking about the biology and why it's different for an infant/toddler).

The puss thing apparently is only in the US. Thank goodness.

That said I got two litres of almond breeze at the health food store and I'm happy to not be drinking milk as it squicks me out.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast